collecting for the RNLI

Hi all just back from the ferry, we did well today most people gave us money not sure how much, yesterday we raised about 800 pound. Even though we are land locked at our branch we always do well.One of our members is part of the crew at Gravesend.The photo is all be it a sailing boat race seen from the ferry. Ian

20151003_093314.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Ian,

We have a shop in Troon now for the RNLI, always busy. I don't think some folks realise just how much it costs to run one of these modern Lifeboats. We are very fortunate here, that Tunnock's of Uddingston has been a major sponsor for many decades. Also the boat is fuelled up I believe at cost price. 

It will soon be the busy season here once the weather deteriorates. The boat was out in the bay today for weekly training.

Wishing you well in your collections.

cheersIain

• Like 3

Hi Ian

You mentoning the Woolwich Ferry brought memories flooding back, spent many a Saturday afternoon going over to North Woowich on the Ferry. My first ever boyfriend lived on the North side, you know the one, where it's the love of your life, you know all there is to know about love and it would last forever lol, Oh, how we live and learn :rolleyes: anyway, sorry for going off topic, well done you :clap an excellent cause and so good of you giving up your Saturday morning

Grace

• Like 1

Funny enough when I was a boy my Grandfather would take me for Saturday afternoon. We would go by bus from Eltham, go across on the ferry then wonder along the docks when ships docked there then back to Woolwich he would buy fish for my mum and grandmother chips for me.I always enjoyed my trips with my grandfather. Perhaps where my love of the water started

Ian

• Like 1