The Worlds Gone Mad!

I was having a search round that on-line shopping giant known as 'Amazon' (Other outlets are of course available).

I was looking for three particular DVD's I wanted to purchase for viewing onboard 'B.A' etc during 'The Lads Week'

'Rush'     'Blazing Saddles'  and   'Paint Your Wagon'

The first two titles are duly ordered and should be with me tomorrow, However have you seen the price of 'Paint Your Wagon'  ??  Ye Gods it's eye-watering, same thing on Ebay too.  I'll have to put it on my 'Wish List' for that festive season due in a couple of months (Don't mention the 'C' word in October)

Griff

• Like 3

Dont know if this will be any good - probably not,  my ideas usually hit the dust but if you go to ,.....

https://secure.search.sky.com/tv/?DCMP=ilc-shopnew:ec_fwtab&term=Paint your wagon

You can get this on "On Demand".      

Someone could copy and put onto a DVD - may be. 

Monica

Edited by Hylander

if you have sky on demand, you can with suitable software loaded on a pc or tablet download the film for later viewing - I think it gives you 28 days to view it and then deletes it from your device, paint your wagon is indeed on sky on demand at the moment (I watched it the other weekend).

Grendel

This is why I no longer buy DVD's but stream films. You can rent Paint Your Wagon for £3.49 or buy it (download and keep for good) for £6.99.

I will bring my laptop to play it back on that since I am 'without tablet' at the moment and at worst your have to watch it on the computer, at best I'll have a cable to connect to the TV so you can watch it and keep you happy :)

LOL cheersbar

Earlier this evening I was having a good route through our DVD collection seeing if I could find any other suitable DVD's to take down with me, (Massage girls in bangkok, Linda Lovelace and the like) and there it was - 'Paint Your Wagon' so as it turns out I already own the thing! :party:

Thank goodness I did not order it, especially at those daft prices

Battle of River Plate - Good one, but I have just dug out 'Battleship' - a belter

Griff

LOL cheersbar

Earlier this evening I was having a good route through our DVD collection seeing if I could find any other suitable DVD's to take down with me, (Massage girls in bangkok, Linda Lovelace and the like) and there it was - 'Paint Your Wagon' so as it turns out I already own the thing! :party:

Thank goodness I did not order it, especially at those daft prices

Battle of River Plate - Good one, but I have just dug out 'Battleship' - a belter

Griff

Ahha Griff,

Looks like the first signs of OAP memory loss :naughty: Panic not, it comes and goes...I hope!

SWMBO says we will bring Hello Dolly, and swap it for PYW! :naughty:

cheersIain

P.S. When are your well behaved gents at the Bridge Inn, Acle?

Our band of 'Merry Men' plan to be at the Bridge Inn, Acle on Sat 10th for a DTS followed by our traditional end of week dining out night Friday 16th.  We have booked the back room for the evening and most if not all of us will partaking in this years theme 'Loud Hawaiian'  Last year it was 'Star Wars, when Bro went as Jabba the Hut - no dressing aids required!

Griff

Oh Grendel, i can see it now, Robin in shocking Pink when skippering BA. Sheena will swoon to him.:kiss For Griff, I am sure that was standard issue for fun nights in the RN!:naughty: No I am not ex navy, but have strong connections with the Senior Service!

cheersIain.