upton mooring

nollock

There's a dumb blondes joke section why not a hairy bikers section? Will be at least 4 of us on it!

'96 suzuki gsxr750 (last of the carb versions) had her from new. Mint condition. Like speedtriple though 20 yrs ago it seemed like a good idea. not a bike for aching bones, joints and pillion comfort now though!

• Like 1

There's a dumb blondes joke section why not a hairy bikers section? Will be at least 4 of us on it!

'96 suzuki gsxr750 (last of the carb versions) had her from new. Mint condition. Like speedtriple though 20 yrs ago it seemed like a good idea. not a bike for aching bones, joints and pillion comfort now though!

There could be more than you think, now if you could entice Ian to the vitals you may have the basis for another biking food program.:naughty:

Regards

Alan

The moorings at the mouth of the dyke seem yo have been "usurped" for the purposes of fishermen. All round that bit now are notices saying " No Mooring"  reserved for fishermen or such ilk.

The moorings in the dyke are I believe owned by the EA so they seem to think its for fishermen only at the mouth despite the fact that they also have a number of often unused fishing platforms available..

There has always been moorings for about 2 boats at that bit for as long as I remember - shame they have tried to stop it now. I say "tried" as I still moor there and just ignore the signs as there is plenty of room for fishermen and 2 boats!!!

• Like 3

We  tried it for the first time this weekend. It was tight  . Note to self don't go on a Saturday morning. when the boat yard is full of sailing boats :shocked turning a 38 footer was a bit of squeaky bum time. Well worth it surroundings and pub looked great . Will visit it again soon not on a Saturday and defo not in the summer. :clap 

• Like 2

Poppy  - you might be right and indeed we are all well aware of that but the signs prohibiting mooring at the mouth are new. I do not know when they went up and I , and others, miss the fact that hither too,people have always moored there, Private or not!!

The proliferation of "Private" signs everywhere is something to be abhorred - its even sillier at Upton now the fishing platforms are there as there is plenty of room for both fishermen and boaters. At a guess there is probably room for at least 10 anglers now and who ever saw 10 anglers at Upton???? Given the amount of kit most carry, it is just too far for most fishermen to go!!

If I thought it would make any difference I would contact the EA, but i know they would argue forcibly for the fishermen, despite the fact that its hardly ever used. Its a bit like S Walsham - you can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times you see fishermen on the platforms at the bottom of Fleet Dyke and it is hardly surprising to see boats moored there at peak times.

Equally I shall continue to moor at Upton Dyke mouth as I have always previously done so - I will give way to a fisherman nicely if he asks and all other places are occupied. Fat chance of that!!!!

• Like 1