Been a bit busy but...

lampini

Well - we got back from two weeks on Song of Freedom about two and a half weeks ago - but it has been so full-on you wouldn't believe it!

But, firstly a big thank you to Freedom Boats, the boat was fab, and they were very lovely to us indeed.. a proper family firm.. Two whole weeks was utter bliss, i don't think i've had a proper two week holiday in years - i honestly think i went native and came away with a slight "Narfolk" accent! 

Secondly, the southern broads - love love love them! Loved being able to boat into Norwich, loved Beccles and Loddon, loved every river - each one was so different. We decided we could quite happily spend a month or so pottering around, investigating all the nooks and crannies of each town/river/village... If i get some time i will try to write up our holiday tales; but plz don't hold your breath as i've just started a new job for which i need to do do some of the most gruelling training... The OH has a new job too but he's not doing a complete career change - i'm .......

learning to be a london double-decker bus driver!! :shocked:hiding: It's hard work!

(Anyone else done bus driving?)

cheers all!

• Like 6

We moored on Oulton Broad by mudweight for breakfast one morning, quite near the houseboats, and got investigated by a curious otter! Quite put a sparkle on an already glorious day... 

Funny you should say that about the bus you drove - same here - a bedford Bella Vega on a ex-airfield/travellers site near Andover! Modern buses are sooo much easier, altho atm, i'd call my style rather "driving miss daisy" than "boy racer"!

If you waved - i'd have waved back (love the waving thing)! Couldn't miss me - pink bits in hair - unless concealed by black beanie hat - we had the canopy down ALL the time.... cheers

• Like 1

Glad you enjoyed it Jane! The southern broads are magical to say the least!

Looking forward to your blog :)

Good luck with the training.. as Peter said; you are a brave thing!!

cheers 

Thanks Alan, and yes JM, if you did see me it woulda been with a massive grin on, don't think i lost that grin for two whole weeks!

Just off for more training, (12-8) so thanks for the confidence boost all! :kiss

• Like 1

Glad you had a lovely time Jane. You are braver than i could ever be, I get nervous in the car, all those drivers tooting at me, when all I'm trying to do is tidy my make up for goodness sake lol

Seriously, all the very best of luck with the training, a stunning blonde with pink bits in her hair, I think your bus is going to be pretty full :kiss

Grace

• Like 2

Glad you had a lovely time Jane. You are braver than i could ever be, I get nervous in the car, all those drivers tooting at me, when all I'm trying to do is tidy my make up for goodness sake lol

Seriously, all the very best of luck with the training, a stunning blonde with pink bits in her hair, I think your bus is going to be pretty full :kiss

Grace

Gracie - bravery comes in many forms, and i think we're unanimous in saying that you have it in bucket-fulls! :bow

Not long got back in, i have to say, the training is truly excellent - i feel like i'm being trained to the same standard as a fighter pilot!!! 

Nackered now.... :yawn:

• Like 3