Tide times in Brundall - Oh learned ones

Baitrunner

It's never really made much of a difference to me before but can anyone give me an idea of high tide times in Brundall compared to Gorleston? It doesn't have to be to the minute, but I was thinking 4 hours after would be a good bet?

Boat coming out on the 23rd and probably need to be near to high tide if I can. Below are the high tide times from the BA site so was thinking about 9:30am for high water in Brundall?

Fri 23rd05:191.81

Attached is a copy of an old Hamilton's guide tide chart, if you print 2 copies and cut one around the outer circle, the other around the inner circle, laminate both and fasten together through the centre you can calculate tides all over the system if you know the GHYS time.

post-34-0-14947100-1373933578.thumb.jpg. 

• Like 4

Hello Martin, 

I use ours for working out passage through Yarmouth in conjunction with the Broads Tides table (this gives the low water height). 

They used to be on sale at Norfolk Marine but I have not seen them for years, so printing out your sample and laminating the disks could be of help to forum members.

Thank you for bringing up the use of the table again.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Attached is a copy of an old Hamilton's guide tide chart, if you print 2 copies and cut one around the outer circle, the other around the inner circle, laminate both and fasten together through the centre you can calculate tides all over the system if you know the GHYS time.

post-34-0-14947100-1373933578.thumb.jpg. 

Exactly what I did, trimmed it down a little and it fits into a plastic CD sleave. 

• Like 1

How about the NBN looking into the cost of making them and selling them in the shop :party:

I would think that someone still owns the copyright, so making them to sell or distribute would probably be illegal, even though they're maybe no longer available new.

I did the same as Martin for my own personal use when my original Hamilton's one started to get dog-eared.

The advantage of scanning and printing is that you can also scale them up into a large print version for tired old eyes.

They can make a useful wall feature in the cabin too, at about twice the size.....

big tide wheel.jpg