Bee T

quo vadis

Just got off the phone from Shambhavi ( yes this is her name)

I have a Bee T phone in my house but never use it, all I use Bee T for is unlimited broadband so I can send stupid messages like this one.

Because I can I have been looking online at my bank account only to see Bee T are taking 97.50 per month, on asking why Shambhavi replied don't worry sir we will refund you 583.20 in 5 working days and reduce your monthly bill to 50.00.

50.00 a month I say, how much is your monthly bill, nobody on earth pays that much, OK sir how about 42.00, she refused to tell me how much she pays.

So what I am getting at is, check your utility suppliers, earlier this week Eon sent me 2 credit notes 1 for gas 44.55 and 1 for electric 107.48 and have told me my direct debit will remain the same.

How long would this have gone on for if I did not phone?

There I feel better for that.

• Like 5

Hi QV,

I too had a credits paid in to my bank account from Brittish Gas. Now I could be wrong here, I think ALL the utility suppliers have been resetting their rates and while some will go down many, including me have went up!:cry I think the fixed tarriffs to blame. To me its a minefield and they are All bliddy robbers! I agree though DO keep checking your bank accounts online if you can.

cheersIain.

• Like 1

Hi Iain,

I agree it is a minefield and the trouble is that there is no direct comparison with any of the utility companies, you can go on comparison sites but at the end of the day until you put in who is your current supplier and your address details you do not get the correct information. 

I now look at it every year for all suppliers and try and get the best deal at the time.

I must admit when we were with BT I never came across any of their staff who were prepared to knock off any cash, maybe they are now loosing too many customers. We are now with Plusnet (owned by B.T.) at a far lower cost.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Hi all

Just to bring another point of view into the conversation, my wife and I are aware we overpay our dual fuel on a monthly basis.

What we do is apply for the inevitable refund towards the end of November, we then use it as extra cash for Christmas. It can be a good few hundred pounds some years, so I suppose we are using them like a savings account with no penalty really.

Regards

Jon & Jo

• Like 2

Mmmmmmmmmm.

We are with TalkTalk (Originally Pipex) and we pay £37.50 a month

by DD and get unlimited phonecalls(to landlines) and unlimited broadband.

A problem with my router was sorted out in 15 mins on the phone to them,

at no cost to me, even though his spoken English wasn't the best.......:naughty:

Edited by BuffaloBill
  • Like 1

I too have been in the situation with my energy supplier, where they just seem to change the direct debit payments willy nilly, at a whim, for me the crunch came when they put up the monthly direct debit from £150 to £300 because the winter months were coming up - without apparently noticing that I was already £500 in credit, I got on the phone at once and complained, but was told it was all automatically done by their computers.

To sum it up I now pay a monthly standing order and when the bill comes through pay off any excess that is owed (though they are sometimes very cheeky in sending out the quarters bill a couple of days before a standing order is paid in and trying to make me pay more than I owe - and get a months worth of money in credit (where they get the interest rather than you).

A couple of months back they sent me a bill- basically refunding 3 years worth of electricity and then re-calculating the charges and costs - although it ended up in my favour the way it was presented was most confusing- leaving me thinking that I had a bill over £1000 to pay - mind you they have just realised they had been applying a staff discount on my account- despite having got rid of the part of the business I worked for many years back.

Am I inspired with confidence in the way they handle their accounts - no way.

Grendel

• Like 3

I am with BT, and for £63 I get.... HD BT footie, unlimited BB.... Calls shown feature, and all calls all day and night. But I did do it all on the phone with a BT UK call centre. 

I was with Talk Talk AOL for my BB and the price was going UP not down. It also was slow for Catch up downloads on my Sky Box. I have been impressed, so far, with the BT 5 Hub.

cheersIain

I am with BT, and for £63 I get.... HD BT footie, unlimited BB.... Calls shown feature, and all calls all day and night. But I did do it all on the phone with a BT UK call centre. 

I was with Talk Talk AOL for my BB and the price was going UP not down. It also was slow for Catch up downloads on my Sky Box. I have been impressed, so far, with the BT 5 Hub.

cheersIain

Iain, you're being done over. I get:

Broadband    Unlimited Broadband

Phone           Unlimited Anytime Calls

BT Sport       BT Sport Pack on Sky

All for..................

"Your latest bill came to:£25.70

Bill date: 13 September 15"

I do pay my line rental annually but even with that I'd be on £44.70 or thereabouts.

Edited by Hockham Admiral
added line

John,

That's, my monthly rental and all calls, The who is calling me feature, BT 5 Hub, HD BT channels, as I have already been with Sky for years.

Since I moved from Talk Talk AOL, Cancelled my £12 a month original BT Sport HD package I am paying a lot less than before. But once I get to next February I will be checking it all out again!

Just got off the phone from Shambhavi ( yes this is her name)

I have a Bee T phone in my house but never use it, all I use Bee T for is unlimited broadband so I can send stupid messages like this one.

Because I can I have been looking online at my bank account only to see Bee T are taking 97.50 per month, on asking why Shambhavi replied don't worry sir we will refund you 583.20 in 5 working days and reduce your monthly bill to 50.00.

50.00 a month I say, how much is your monthly bill, nobody on earth pays that much, OK sir how about 42.00, she refused to tell me how much she pays.

So what I am getting at is, check your utility suppliers, earlier this week Eon sent me 2 credit notes 1 for gas 44.55 and 1 for electric 107.48 and have told me my direct debit will remain the same.

How long would this have gone on for if I did not phone?

There I feel better for that.

Can't you just use more of WEEE DOOUGIES ?

My other half has her water with Thames Water.  A couple of months ago they wrote to her to say she was £700 in debit and her monthly direct debit was going to change from £24 to £76 .

As you can guess she was not happy, others in the same area had the same problem and set up a face book page to get an idea of how many were affected.  It turned out around 500 people had the same problem but amounts varied greatly.  It turned out that the 3rd party meter reading company couldn't be bothered to get out of his car and made up meter readings that were vastly under what they should be and this only came to light when they changed companies.

After much decussion Thames Water finally agreed to write off any balance outstanding and start from fresh. This would not have happened if everyone had not got together and involved the local paper etc.

She now monitors the meter on a regular basis.

Doug.

On a lighter note. What's a water meter please? Live up here, we don't need them! :summertime:

cheersIain.

Its one of those sticky out of the water thingys next to a bridge that you get up close to, sigh and (in the case of Potter more than most) turn back and head back down the river from.  :party:

• Like 2