Christmas List

Gracie

Before you all start moaning about Christmas being mentioned (sorry Jaws) it really isn't that far off now, I got to thinking about what to buy family and friends and wondering what the hell can I get them this year and all that, when I got to thinking about my answer when they started asking me what I would like......here goes

A Centre Cockpit Boat (or any of Clives will do)

Riverside House (Broads of course) with ample mooring space for Forum friends

Enough grounds at said house to warrant a Gardner with a six pack (like in the Coca Cola advert\0

A granny type annexe in grounds for Family and Forumites to stay (although, quite sure Charlie would be happy in the wine cellar)

Now, after giving this some thought, deemed it a bit much to ask and designated it to my dream/wish list lol. In reality I will probably get

Slippers

Chocolates

Jewellery (from husband and sons which always make me cry)

Wine

Gift Vouchers etc, etc, etc

So what I would like and what I may get are two completely different things but the Jewellery and the slippers will mean as much if not more to me than a Boat (ok, maybe not) and all I really want is to be healthy and have a happy family Christmas. What about you lot, what are your dreams and your reality?

Grace :kiss

• Like 11

Suddenly the use of the dreaded 'C' word is acceptable! Well, best add this lot to your Christmas Lists then:

http://my-eshop.info/epages/1bc85796-d323-48b1-9ff4-523ca4413126.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/1bc85796-d323-48b1-9ff4-523ca4413126/Products/5[20]

Re radio hams, a very good friend of mine was a fanatic! His den, probably had a twelve foot wide wall. Back in the 1960's that wall was chocka with equipment. By the turn of the century it had all been compacted down to little more than the size of a suitcase.

John, his name was Arthur Gee, had a very early call sign. He was very quick to embrace radio telegraphy & back then there were no computers to download images. One night, in the early hours, my phone rung, he'd picked up early images from the Russian Mir Space Station, 'Peter, Peter, I need a photograph'! I dutifully trudged down the road, Russian Zenith camera in hand, to record the event, still in pyjamas & slippers.

• Like 1

John, his name was Arthur Gee, had a very early call sign. He was very quick to embrace radio telegraphy & back then there were no computers to download images. One night, in the early hours, my phone rung, he'd picked up early images from the Russian Mir Space Station, 'Peter, Peter, I need a photograph'! I dutifully trudged down the road, Russian Zenith camera in hand, to record the event, still in pyjamas & slippers.

Hi Peter,

In its day the Zenith with its built in light meter was a good camera, I had one for years before I purchased a Cannon A1.

Regards

Alan

Yes, Alan, good cameras & being dead cheap I used them a lot on boats rather than risk drowning my dearer cameras. Did resort to a Lunasix light meter though. Some of the Russian and East German 'Pentacon' lenses available back then were quite superb. I picked up one commision when the potential customer asked what camera & I used? I answered Mamiya RB 67, which I normally used in the studio. Obviously he thought that I was using a pro camera so must have known what I was doing & I got the job. I actually shot it on Zenith with Kodachrome 25. Client was well pleased & I worked for him, Colvic Craft, for several years.