Search for new boat started...

MrPlant

Hi all,:wave

As some of you will know we have just sold our much loved sports cruiser:cry:, but being a family man we are needing more space. We have now also decided we want a single level forward drive boat min length 40ft (big bath tub), was hoping no older than 90's with original gel coat etc. Budget ... anywhere from 30-40 upto 70-80k max! 

Now I thought this search would be easy, but it appears there wasn't many of these boats built in the 90's / early 00's. But many 70's/80's. I always thought/presumed this style boat was only built in the broads (am I correct?) so supply for these will be quite short for our age requirements etc?

Is there any other manufactures who made / make this style boat outside of Norfolk I should be looking at?

What would be the approx cost of this type of boat supplied new now? I'm guessing 150-200K ?

Also if any of you know of any boats for sale within our requirements that are not already advertised with the local brokers ( we look everyday, already itching to get back)  please do pass me on the details cheersbar

• Like 1

I think your problem will be your 40ft min requirement. Most private "tubs" are normally in the 28 to 36 bracket, like the Haines Bure 36 etc. At 40ft most are built in and for the charter business and they hang on to them until the economics dictate a sale either through high maintenance costs or market forces due to fashion. 

• Like 1

I would say a 40ft+ boat, all on one level, like the new ones out of Stalham would be in the region of £250K. 

The only  boat of that style I know being built is Richardsons Broadlander or the smaller Broadway at 38 ft.

• Like 1

Did you ever use your sports cruiser at sea or is it something you considered and never did? If you still have the itch for something that would look after the family at sea and has plenty of space there is a Sealine 350 Statesman at NYA that I know has had a fortune spent on it and has to be about the best possible example of its type.

Makes the Southern rivers a pleasure as you can see for miles but is a bit tight under the Yarmouth Bridges.