Jay on strictly

Chelsea14Ian

Hi Ian

I have to confess to never watching Strictly before but started watcing this season and am completely hooked, Jay deserved his 10, I don't mean to offend any Peter Andre fans but I cannot stand the man, he has a face you so want to slap lol, he is no Captain Jack.....there is only one man that can do Captain Jack :naughty: I'm loving the pretty girls in their gowns and the hunky dancers, especially the hunky dancers, would do a tango with em any day of the week lol :party2:

Grace

• Like 2

What a great show! The production values were so high, and, while Jay was awesome, several of the other dances were close to that standard too.

yippeee !

My daughter and I have applied for tickets....along with 4.5 million others (!) so we aren't holding our breaths. :)

Edited by Polly

I never watched it until about 3 years ago.... Just didn't think it was my thing but I got hooked ...... I enjoy watching the progress from where they start to where they end.

towards the final it's hard to tell which one is the pro.

have to agree both about Jay deserving the 10 and with Grace about Peter Andre.

I also think it's better since Claudia Winkleman took over ( don't know how she keeps a straight face ) from Bruce Forsythe.......... He had his day in the 70’s with the Generation Game but should have left it there IMHO.

• Like 3

We watch the show, Tan likes it and the female professionals are worth a look, she says that they have partners dancing with them but I am afraid  I have not seen many of them:naughty:

My biggest issues with the show is the constant pretense that the show is live on Sunday, when everyone knows it is recorded after the Saturday show is aired. Another is that Tess Daly over the years she has been on the show can not dance and has no rhythm at all.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jay was good again tonight, Georgia May Foot, just beautiful, Jeremy Vine  makes me smile all the way through his routine (such a nice man), Carol needs to go and Peter Andre still has a face I just want to slap lol........what did you lot think?

Grace

• Like 2

I completely understand what you mean, JM, my husband looks at me when I am watching as though I have lost the plot, it's not normally the type of thing I would watch, but the male dancers are worth tuning in for alone (except Peter Andre) of course, and some of the gowns are so beautiful, It is definitely my guilty pleasure, I think I'm turning into my Nan lol

Grace

• Like 1

Love love love this programme ... have been a fan for a few years now.

I think that Jay and Aliona were underscored tonight. And Kevin always does great choreography so I enjoyed his jive with Kelly. Anita did a really good routine as well which I think got a bit lost through being the first dance of tonight's show.

Best performance of the evening? Tommy Blaize on vocals. That man has such a lovely voice. When he's singing I sometimes forget to watch the dancers.

• Like 2

I completely understand what you mean, JM, my husband looks at me when I am watching as though I have lost the plot, it's not normally the type of thing I would watch, but the male dancers are worth tuning in for alone (except Peter Andre) of course, and some of the gowns are so beautiful, It is definitely my guilty pleasure, I think I'm turning into my Nan lol

Grace

Come on Gracie, be honest. You just love to see the shoes the ladies are wearing as well.

Wendy enjoys Strictly, so I don't get much choice but to watch it with her, but it is entertaining. I think Ainsley, Jeremey  and Carol won't last much longer, but it depends on the public vote, who ends up in the dance off. I just like the judges, especially Len & Bruno, but Bruno seems to have upped his standards a little more in this years competition, maybe he was scoring a little too high in previous years, you could always guarantee that Len & Bruno gave the same score for most of the performances. As for Craig. Well, if he gives scores of five or over, they are doing good.

Has anyone been watching The Apprentice? I have watched this since the first series and I just like the way Alan Sugar rips in to them in the boardroom. When it comes to the tasks, some of them, haven't got a clue, where to get things from, like in the last programme, where they had to buy the snails. Why they didn't try and find a wholesale trader is beyond me. Restaurants are not going to sell snails in large quantities, to someone off the street. The girls deserved to loose, but the team leader should have been the one to be fired. 

• Like 3

I agree about the judges Geoff and actually I think Craig is the fairest and most consistent. He may have become something of a pantomime villain but you can see that what he says means a lot to the contestants.

As for the Apprentice, yes, I watch that one as well. But I think they need to find a new boss if they are going to keep the show going. The tasks are too much the same every year and maybe a change of top man or woman would put them in a different industry and generate different ideas.

• Like 1

Hi - I am also a strictly addict having religiously watched it since the beginning.  In fact it is strictly every day of the week now (if you include It Takes Two!).  

I know I need to get a life, but it is a bit of glamour that I can never aspire to unfortunately.  You can't turn a sows ear into a swan!

It's funny how peoples preferences etc are different - I cannot seem to warm to Jay and can see what the youngsters see in Peter, but as Grace says he is not a patch on Captain Jack.

Did you hear the mention of Captain Jack as a quick aside of last nights Dr Who? What do you think of Peter Capaldi as the new Doctor.  At the risk of being contentious, I could never warm to Matt Smith either.  Perhaps I am just becoming a grumpy old woman in my middle age ................

Anyway looking forward to tonights Strictly results show.  Always vote on line so am able to vote for three favourites each time.

SueH

Edited by sueh
  • Like 2

I agree about the judges Geoff and actually I think Craig is the fairest and most consistent. He may have become something of a pantomime villain but you can see that what he says means a lot to the contestants.

As for the Apprentice, yes, I watch that one as well. But I think they need to find a new boss if they are going to keep the show going. The tasks are too much the same every year and maybe a change of top man or woman would put them in a different industry and generate different ideas.

I agree, Craig is a good judge, but like all these types of show, they seem to have a judge who gets the audiences back up if they pass a negative comment, but that is part of the entertainment.

Deborah from Dragons Den, would be a good alternative for Alan Sugar I suppose, it would make it different as the show is becoming to repetitive with the same tasks. BUT Alan Sugar is a good boss to have. The American version of the Apprentice with Donald Trump, is a joke. He is the most pompous ignorant individual I have ever come across and his billions have gone to his head. God help America (or us for that matter) if he ever became the next President!

Edited by GeoffandWendy
  • Like 1