Norwich by River - Through Time

AdnamsGirl

I've been working on a little video project over the last week which was shamelessly inspired by the superb "All Aboard - The Canal Trip" which was shown on BBC 4 recently and featured the sights and sounds of a real time canal trip combined with archive images. I thought it would be great to try and do a Norfolk Broads version.

"Norwich by River - Through Time" is the result - a 20 minute, real time river trip into the city from Trowse Bridge to the Yacht Station and Bishops Bridge. There is no music, just the sights and sounds of the river, the wildlife and the city. I've managed to include some archive photographs to show how the riverside area has changed over the last 100 years - a sort of video "Then & Now" if you like. Please note, this is a strictly amateur production - I neither have the time, the software or the skills needed to produce something so beautifully clever as the BBC canal trip, but I hope it gives a similar feel. I think it really does put the old photographs into perspective when you see them slotted in along the journey.

Anyway ... this is it .....

• Like 4

Bramerton Common is one of my favourite mooring spots ... you lucky people. We were there a couple of weeks ago, In fact our journey into Norwich when I filmed this was the following day too.

Living in Norfolk, we do the trip into Norwich by road quite often which can be a right pain in the bum, but it is always an absolute delight to do it by river. The Upper Yare and Wensum are very high on my list of favourite stretches of waterway on the Broads. We talked to a couple whilst we were on holiday who said they had started to make the trip into Norwich by boat, thought it looked a bit industrial, so turned round and came back out again. Such a shame. Norwich is a great city with so much fascinating history. :)

Many thanks for the kind comments about the film. I just wanted to highlight what an interesting journey this actually is.

Carol

• Like 1

Well, we did the trip into town today, left at 0730 from Brammerton to make Trowse, what a lovely day we have had, some great beers, most of which were local too.

We love Norwich, very nice city, could very easily live here.

Regards

Jon & Jo

• Like 1

Lovely film of a fine city. The great thing about that trip is all the snippets of the past still visible & took a few photos of old doors a few weeks ago when we made the trip to Foundry Bridge. The river looks mega high! The colours and the film are fab. Great to see some of the old coasters to! Thanks for posting & hope you had a lovely holiday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1