lost dog

YorkshireAdventurer

I trust that all the local vets and animal rescue centres have been contacted ?

Dogs should be tagged anyway, however... if you are out and about, there's not much point in putting your home phone number on the dog tag, as you are probably not there... Better to have your latest mobile No. then you will hopefully have immediate contact if found. I know this might not help that much in this situation, but other dog owners should probably consider this. Addresses on the name tag just say... I am away, my home could be unoccupied. Just a thought.

PS I do not work for "Timpsons" but I recon there will be a few Dog owners updating their dog's tag soon. 

I do hope the dog is found, or is at some place just waiting to be collected. Not everyone has the internet.

What great support the dog owners are getting from the local area and members of this forum. 

Does anyone know if the dog is chipped?

I hope she finds her way home soon.

yes she is micro chipped and has multiple phone /contact numbers and addresses linked to it.

Edited by Guest
Spelling

Yes it does offend JM. The gory detail is not required; the point can be made with subtlety, if it really needs to be made at all. Most can work out possible scenarios (good or bad) for themselves. Sometimes it is best left that way imho.

I feel for the owners and the pooch and just hope for the best possible outcome. That said, I am sure you mean well JM :-)

Edited by Soundings

A couple of sightings suggest she got out. Maybe the RSPCA could consider baited traps near Horning Hall Farm?

Otherwise there are residences on both sides of the river, she can reach help. I haven't given up hope by any means.

Edited by Polly
  • Like 2

Not sure anybody said he intended distress Strowie, indeed I said quite the opposite. It was just unfortunate and we all do that from time to time. I think JM has done the proper thing and all credit to him for that.

Edited by Soundings

Sorry Soundings, the last thing I want to do is to cause an argument on this thread, the current situation for Lulu's owners is distressing enough already.

I was just concerned that the now partially edited sequence of posts make the edited out comment sound far worse than it was.

You yourself said "Yes it does offend JM. The gory detail is not required".

Perhaps it would now be better if a moderator could remove a number of posts from this thread, (including mine), so that it just reflected the Forum's concerns and heartfelt sympathy.

Well it did offend, me anyway, And yes JM did the decent thing and yes I agree with what you have just said for that is all this thread should reflect and should always have reflected - our joint sympathy and concern. I know we are all at one in that regard.

Strowie, I have been following this thread with great interest, but not posted till now. I am a big dog lover, but know longer own one.

I read JM's remarks and felt it was a true and honest comment, I also read Soundings reply, and it to was very true and fair comment. Put another way, you were both right but for different reasons. IMO.

We are still awaiting news, and until that is available, perhaps we should sit back, and leave it to those out there I am sure, doing their best, in very trying circumstances.

If you wish your remarks fully removed I will do so.

cheersIain.

• Like 1

This thread made me check my own dogs tags, both mobile phone numbers are partly worn away so time for replacement and the landline on it is no longer in use, I would suggest other dog owners do the same as it's so easy to just assume the dog is well marked, at least the microchip won't have worn away.

Complacency is way too easy.

• Like 4

There are lessons to be learn't, not least check the collar and lead before going walkies. Easy to be wise after the event but the photo of the owner & Lula shows a very slack collar. Don't forget that there will be lots and lots of exciting smells for a dog to chase after, it's only natural. 

Steve has just posted this on Face Book, so sorry to hear this news....

Sadly I have to inform you that this afternoon that the body of our dog lulu was recovered from the river Bures at St bennets.
Her chip was checked and we have just been to the vets at Wroxham to confirm it is her.
At the moment I am trying to console our young lad Billy and tracy.
Sorry it is a short post but will post again later thanking all of you for your help.

RIP LuLu xxx