Christmas pumpout and refuel?

Mandybstorm

We are on the  share boat for the Christmas week again this year. However, we have just found out that Brooms will be totally closed for 2 weeks. Last year a chap came in for a couple of hours to do pump outs and refuel on the share boats. This year changeover day is boxing day so no-one is coming in. We are based at Brundall on the Southern broads.

Does anyone know of anywhere that will be open or would be willing to open at an arranged time to refuel us and pump out 1 loo? Christmas eve, Christmas day or early morning boxing day 8am ish.

Not sure what we will do otherwise as there are people coming on the boat after us and it won't be great for them if there is no fuel and a half full loo tank! 

Hi Mandy

Hate to be pessimistic but it could be difficult to get someone's turn out on those days. I seem to think that Goodchilds have a coin operated pump out machine. They certainly have a coin operated water point. It's a bit of a trip from Brundall though. Good luck!

Wrc is token operated but you could always grab a token a few days in advance? As for diesel, how about brimming the tank at the last available chance and just covering the cost of used fuel with the next occupants. I'm sure there must be some understanding for such a situation...

• Like 1

Hello Mandy,

Surly it is the responsibility of the owner who is on the boat before you to make sure that the boat is refueled and pumped out, even if that has to be done the day or days before?

Note that Broom's fuel station will be on short working hours during the winter months, it is always a good idea to phone them to check what time they are finishing for the afternoon especially on the weekends.

Regards

Alan

Alan, I think they wanted to make sure it was all ready for the people on the boat after them. Not sure how big the waste tank is, but getting a week out of it might be a big ask:angel: Especially if the sprouts are flowing on Christmas day!!:hardhat:

Hi Mark,

If that applies then the answer is still to get the boat refueled and pumped out on the 23rd or 24th of December and limit the amount of ticks used on the toilet chart:naughty:

A note left on board for the next owner, a promise for cash on the next meeting or at AGM if any money for fuel is owing.

It is not always possible to leave the boat as you would like to find it in any syndicate, however if you can do all you can then other owners do understand.

I had do similar a couple of years ago when Broom's had run out of fuel, I managed to get some from Sanderson's but not enough to completely fuel it up.

Regards

Alan 

Thanks folks. I think we will try wrc for the pumpout then. Never done it ourselves. Do they provide the blue chemical that goes in after the pump-out? Lol, visions of spraying myself or the entire boat with sewage, usually leave all that stuff to people who know what they are doing!

As for the fuel, it is looking like a top up on Christmas eve from somewhere and then try not to travel too far before handover on boxing day.

Or maybe look for a cheap trip to 'Egypt

John who is andy (banner) please? Xx

• Like 1

Ahh yes andy at freedom. Thank you everyone, I will message him to see    If he will be around on any of those days. Never pumped out or refueled anywhere other than brooms since we bought the share im afraid to say. Not sure why, just habit i suppose.

We will have to be super organised then. It looks like we need to get sorted out on Christmas Eve and then try not to poop too much or travel too far!cheers

It would be really helpful if anyone living near /working at or owning a fuel / pumpout  station could message me and let me know where they are and what time they are open on Christmas Eve please. Southern side only.

Many thanks and grovelling gestures!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 22 October 2015 at 09:15:48, Mandybstorm said:

We will have to be super organised then. It looks like we need to get sorted out on Christmas Eve and then try not to poop too much or travel too far!cheers

It would be really helpful if anyone living near /working at or owning a fuel / pumpout  station could message me and let me know where they are and what time they are open on Christmas Eve please. Southern side only.

Many thanks and grovelling gestures!!!!

You could always just handover at WRC on Boxing Day given that there is also no cleaner?

new owner arrives at WRC unloads and then takes car and you back to Brooms. You then get your car and return back to WRC to load up.