Here We Go Again

Hylander

I dont know about anyone else but I am dreading these short dark days ahead of us.      Cannot wait until 21st December when the days start to get longer.      May be I should have been a hedgehog,   Tucked up for the Winter and only come out again when it is Spring.       The joy of seeing Snowdrops and the early crocus a good sign Spring will be on its way again.

• Like 6

I used to feel that way but since I retired nearly ten years ago I have tried to make the most of all the seasons. I engage in some winter country pursuits and with mowing, digging and hedge cutting finished I have plenty of time to walk the saltmarsh coast and inland North Norfolk.

On sunny winters days we take the boat out for a day trip. Sausage is and beans at Ludham Bridge when you are the to only inhabited boat there is a delight as I hate the place with a vengeance during the season.

As you get older you don't know what is round the corner so make the most and don't wish time away! I speak from experience.

• Like 8

Oh dear, Jean's gone and done it again :rolleyes:...........I quite like the days getting darker earlier, I do love the bluebells in spring though, Monica, you are far too nice to be a prickly hedgehog, stay as you are thank you very much

Jean, I have got Christmas sweets and goodies already, just bought a couple of christmas pressies on line and it's not even November yet, good eh? (a first for me anyway lol)

Grace

p.s Sorry Pops :naughty:

• Like 3

Derigged the halfdecker today, ready to be lifted out of the water.  However I'll be out on the water under motor power on at least a couple of days this week, and through most of the winter; and late autumn/winter is a great time to be in Norfolk - once all the tourists have gone - for long walks with the dog on the beach or in the woods.  I'll also get the bike out, and make the occasional kayak foray, so plenty to do!  There's also the ski season to look forward to.

Christmas?  Bah, humbug!

• Like 3

I for one would be quite happy to stay on summer time all year round. I find the hour difference very difficult to get used to and I particularly don't like it getting dark at 5pm. Other than that, I don't mind winter too much. Lots of time to do all the stuff that I neglected during the boating season.

cheers

Steve

...  As you get older you don't know what is round the corner so make the most and don't wish time away! I speak from experience.

I agree with Chris, last July my wife was fully retired, and I retired too, thinking we had all the time in the world, we thought we would take the first year of retirement easy, no world cruises yet let's see how the finances pan out, for a year 

Edited by Viking23
  • Like 1

Apologies, I edited out a lot of my previous post, but basically, our finances panned out ok, but the thing we hadn't planned or allowed for was my sudden failing health.

As a result I can not get travel insurance until my condition stabilises...

I don't like the cold dark nights, but each day is so important to me and my wife, so please don't wish your time away, we actually wish we did all the things as soon as my wife retired last year. Too late now.

• Like 1

Yes the winters arrived, we launched the Yeoman last week for the winter sailing season, we've aleady won one trophy and come second in another.  I've just had the engineering section annual curry night, Horning SC end of season prize giving and dinner, Next week is Snowflake SC Halloween, party and dinner. Then two weeks later I'll go up to Spalding for the Big model railway show there. The in late November through December, there are two company Christmas dinners, The Broadland Model railway Club Christmas dinner, one or two of the Wife's Art group dinners And the sailing club Christmas doo. Finally We've got the Gorleston Model railway show early January.

Nothing to look forward to at all...

Only problem is we've got scaffolding round the chimney as of yesterday as the chimney cracked, and then the boiler sprang a leak yesterday as well, it looks like a cold few days....and a high electric bill for heating

• Like 1

I can think of a very rude joke about hedgehogs, but. I will keep it to myself on this occasion. I love hedgehogs, such a shame the are so prickly and now getting rare.

Would that be the one about the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog? :naughty:

• Like 2

A true fact.....

Hedgehogs are usually solitary, pairing up only to mate.

When they mate they often make loud snuffling noises.

The male circles the female, sometimes for hours, to persuade her to mate.

They will seperate thereafter and the male takes no part in rearing the family. 

Now doesn't that sound familiar? typical, just typical lol :naughty:

Grace

Edited by Gracie
  • Like 2