swancraft bathtubs

andyhesford

Hi Andy,

The smaller one I think the engine is at the stern. Not sure about the bigger boat. On the older 32ft Alphas a hole was cut in the roof and the engine under the mid bedroom bed.

I know that  as we had Gleaming Light a few years back. Not noisy either positions. Hope that helps.

Oops should add we had Sparkling Horizon and it was at the stern.

cheersIain.

• Like 1

Here Grace :grin:

Hi Andy

Roamer has shaft drive so the engine is inside. There were/are two reflections, one with shaft drive, the other with hydraulic, ie rear mounted engine.

However I have to say having hired several boats from Swancraft the level of maintenance was so good that the engines were very quiet and we never found noise or vibration an issue. The engine compartments are very well insulated too. In the main they favoured Beta diesels although one of the Reflections is a Nanni.

• Like 2

Morning All,

We have hired both Swan Reflection 1 and 2 and didn't notice any particular engine noise in either. Both boats are very economical and easy to steer. We hired Brinks Sonnet one year and found that much harder to keep in a straight line. If you find my holiday tale from June on SR2 I think I mentioned how much fuel we used (or didn't use!) at the end. 

We've booked this boat already with Richardson's for June next year and will be interested to see whether we feel they have kept it to the same high standard as Swancraft.

• Like 4

thanks for the replys , they all look nice wish we could try them all , this is for 2017 when we will have been 5 times so big discount on our 6 holiday thats why i am thinking about rickos platinum fleet, this year we have melody 2 in may and major gem 2 in september cant wait.

• Like 2

You won't be disappointed with Melody or Major Gem 2, Andy, hired them both and superb Boats they are. If you can get the time off work, why go for a Platinum Boat for a week? Probably for the same price have one of the Classics for two weeks, you might miss the odd microwave or flat screen tv but at the end of the day you are afloat, so who cares? Would much rather watch a Broads sunset than anything on the telly any day of the week lol

Grace :kiss

• Like 2

Hmmm, should have said Beer (or wine) and a Broads sunset......have to disagree with you there, Howard, try the deck of a boat at 1am, said beer or wine in hand,  can't hear anything but fish leaping and wildlife, There's not much that can beat that ;) do love the Broads pubs though, we tend to visit at lunch times just so we can do the sunset thing and sitting outside on Barton Broad late at might, breathtaking.

Grace

p.s Sorry Andy, went a bit off topic, got a tad carried away lol

• Like 2

its not so much for the electronics but for maybe a more comfortable bed and interior, just had antigue good boat loads of space but bed was a bit uncomfy and short and im not tall only 5,10 which is odd because front bedroom is massive, was looking at coral horizon bed looks a tad small hope we can get a look onboard in may, quiet fancy swan reflection only about 100 quid difference for a week in late april, still if i could go now id be there like shot on anything .

• Like 1