Sweet Potato Spicy Fries

Hylander

I made these at home last night.   1 large sweet potato made plenty for us two.   So take that as a measurement for however many you would be cooking for. 
My thoughts are ,  when you are up the bondoo , you can still have tasty fries.    As I like them hot and spicy I added a good 1/2 tsp of cayenne. 

INGREDIENTS 
•     2medium sweet potatoes, rinsed and dried 
•     2tablespoons vegetable oil 
•     2teaspoons smoked paprika 
•     1teaspoon coarse salt 
•     1teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper 
•     1/2teaspoon cumin 
•     1/4teaspoon cayenne (optional) 

1.     Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. 
2.     1. Cut the potatoes into 1/4? thin strips, or to your desired thickness and length. Mix all other ingredients together in a large bowl and toss with the potatoes until they are evenly coated. 
3.     2. Transfer the potatoes to a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Spread the potatoes in a single layer. Try not to overcrowd or have multiple layers of fries — you want them to be roasted, not steamed. 
4.     3. Place in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes, turning the fries once or twice during that time to cook evenly. May take more or less time, depending on the size and thickness you cut the fries. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...