Blame it on Senior Citizens

Poppy

Blame it on Senior Citizens

Senior citizens are constantly being criticized for every conceivable deficiency of the modern world, real or imaginary. We know we take responsibility for all we have done and do not blame others.

HOWEVER, upon reflection, we would like to point out that it was NOT the senior citizens who took:

The melody out of music,

The pride out of appearance,

The courtesy out of driving,

The romance out of love,

The commitment out of marriage,

The responsibility out of parenthood,

The togetherness out of the family,

The learning out of education,

The service out of patriotism,

The Golden Rule from rulers,

The civility out of behaviour,

The refinement out of language,

The dedication out of employment,

The prudence out of spending,

The ambition out of achievement, or,

God out of government and school.

And we certainly are NOT the ones who eliminated patience and tolerance from personal relationships and interactions with others!!

• Like 9

A college student in the pub challenged a senior citizen sitting next to him, saying it was impossible for their generation to understand his.

"You grew up in a different world," the student said, loud enough for the whole bar to hear.

"Today we have television, jet planes, space travel, man has walked on the Moon, our spaceships have visited Mars, we even have nuclear energy, electric and hydrogen cars, computers with light-speed processing ... and uh.."

Taking advantage of a pause in the student's litany, the geezer said,

"You're right. We didn't have those things when we were young; so we invented them, you prat!"

• Like 8

The younger generation are not all bad, I was raised to always respect other people, be tough but never rough, family, friends and togetherness means everything, I am bringing up my own children with the same values. There's some pretty nasty characters about young and old, but also some very nice folk too.

I do find the older type of person can tell some pretty awful jokes, eh Pops?  :naughty:

Grace

p.s As for taking the melody out of music, what's wrong with Justin Bieber? :naughty: Or should that be 'what's right with Justin Bieber' two guns

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Gracie said:

The younger generation are not all bad, I was raised to always respect other people, be tough but never rough, family, friends and togetherness means everything, I am bringing up my own children with the same values. There's some pretty nasty characters about young and old, but also some very nice folk too.

Grace

I agree with you Grace. young people are not all bad, like you say, you turn out like the way your parents brought you up, with respect. I am happy to say, I played my part, by bringing my own two sons up, the way I was brought up and it continues with my four grandchildren. My eldest grandaughter is getting married to a nice lad in December, who she has known since shcooldays. They are both in their mid twenties now and have been saving up for a deposit for a house (with a little help from us and her boyfriends parents) they will have a good start in life. So it's good to see that if you have been brought up by good parents, the trend will carry on in your future generations.

• Like 1

Here's a bit about his early life:

Bieber was born on March 1, 1994, in London, Ontario, at St Joseph's Hospital,[10] and was raised in Stratford, Ontario.[11] He is the only child of Jeremy Jack Bieber and Patricia "Pattie" Mallette. Bieber's parents were never married.[12] Pattie raised her son with the help of her mother, Diane, and stepfather, Bruce.[13] His mother is of French-Canadian descent; his paternal great-grandfather was of German ancestry, and his other roots are English and Irish.[14][15][16] He has also stated that he believes that he has some undetermined Aboriginal Canadian ancestry.[17]

Bieber attended a French-language immersion elementary school in Stratford

May I point out that

The melody started leaving music in the 60s and those responsible are now OAPs,

The teachers who were in charge of education in the 70s are for the most part now OAPS, and most of the things listed were done my those who are now OAPS