Norfolk Yacht Station

wooster

5 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

I think that's far and away the best plan. The train only takes about eight minutes and is only 3.50 return. I can't remember the taxi fare but I dont think it's much. cheersbar

I would check the taxi fare first. A few weeks ago my wife and her two friends were charged £7 from Norwich rail station to the market place. I dread to think how much it would be from Brundall.

54 minutes ago, webntweb said:

I would check the taxi fare first. A few weeks ago my wife and her two friends were charged £7 from Norwich rail station to the market place. I dread to think how much it would be from Brundall.

http://www.taxiautofare.com/uk/taxi-fare/Norwich-taxi-fare-from-brundall-to-nr2-4gz

£19.00

Well we had a lovely day cruising up the Yare. Went down to Rockland St Mary and thought of mooring there. While we were considering, a woman came up and told my wife we had to move off because there were people painting! First time I've had this I must say :???: Anyway, I was minded to moor there just for that reason but my better half decided we should move on as we weren't that bothered anyway. We went and left her to it. Hope she didn't cut her ear off or anything ;)

After our brush with artistic temperament, we had a pleasant journey up to Bramerton via Salhurst and stopped for a cup of tea and peace and quiet. Lovely stuff. My wife took the opportunity to tell me I've been spelling it wrong all this time - with 2 "m"s. Ah well, it's these things that keep spouses content. 

Now we're back at the boatyard in Brundall. I will confess that I struggled a wee bit against the wind and it took a few attempts with a fair bit of rope work by the missus to get us in, but we moored without incident and that was the main thing I suppose. Just hope no one had a video going :shocked 

Anyway, all is quiet here so probably a better bet then NYS. I will drive to Norwich tonight. Less hassle than waiting for transport and as I won't be on the sauce, no problems there.

Thanks again everyone.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Absolutely right, Iain, none of us would dare comment on what Wooster does with his missus and her rope work, having a wee in the wind couldn't have been easy either :naughty: Seriously, have a lovely time Wooster, keep warm and stay safe :wave

Grace

That should of course read a WEEK in the wind Eh Grace? :naughty:

cheersIain.

• Like 1

I've had it the other way! We keep 'Spray' out on her mooring and as we started to hoist her sails there was a howl of protest from someone on the bank, our bank! Cheeky mare had opened the gate and walked down our garden and set up her easel in front of our shed! We didn't know her from Adam but her response was that she didn't think we would mind. As I said, had she knocked on our front door and asked then we would have welcomed her but since she hadn't we didn't. Sorry but we are going sailing! I do try to be nice to folk but her aggressive assertion that we should stay put hit a nerve. 

I would be in half a mind to report the Rockland Staithe incident to the BA.  Atleast they'd have it recorded if she decided to do this sort of thing regular basis.

If i were you JM i would be getting some razor wire and an enormous german shepherd....the cheek of some people!