Russet Retreat final trip for 2015

Seriously

Friday could not come any quicker. The kids finished school at 3:30 and bundled into the car . We are on our way . Traffic was good and we    arrived  at potter heigham just in time for the chippy . Hours must have changed for winter :kiss.  Well chips and  a few beers . Time for bed .

Well it's eight o'clock and charlie is shouting . One up all up. Weather not brilliant a nice cuppa and breakfast ,even with the weather would rather be here than any where else . Well we are at potter ,so a trip to lathhams  . The wind and rain is not getting any better . Wife wants to stay in yard but I want to move . John from HW popped in to give us a price to have electric hook up . Really don't want to leave her over winter without it . Just in case the bilge pump runs the battery down . So took  the advantage while he was aboard of picking his brains . He has a wealth of knowledge . Can't fault any of HW staff all friendly and helpful .

Rain has stopped . Let's go and we were of battling the wind at one point think I was going backwards :shocked. Really wanted to get to salhouse  but with the wind and rain and the possibility of it being the same tomorrow . Headed into ranworth. Three boats on the staithe and none on the   island . We headed to the island moor up and managed to get the stickers on Russet Retreat . The wind had dropped and sun is out :clap.  We took over the island dog and kids running about  can't beat this .  Tea time and get ready for the fire works. The weather is mild sat up on top watching the free fireworks  and few more beers cheerscheers. All good things come to end its bed time again it just goes to quick. Well eight o'clock and charlie shouting again who needs a alarm clock lol. Breakfast and a cuppa sun is shinning again . It was really hard to leave the mooring as it means one thing last trip and home time . Well it would be rude not have a cruise so headed for    horning before returning to base . Nice to see a few boats out and people in  around the cottages . Also plenty of waves from them going to miss it . Top up up diesel a pump out  them more her up . Wife had to drag me to the car . On the plus side my daughter said ,I don't want to go home can me and you stay . I wish  so sleep well russet we will be back soon. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 10