Local Hiab Company

JawsOrca

1 hour ago, JawsOrca said:

Does anyone know? Can suggest a local Hiab company working around the broads?

It needs to be a Hiab as there is no crane available.

(I've got GMR Online that's all).

http://www.denbytransport.co.uk/haulage_transport/hiab_lorry/?gclid=CPi-u8WVhskCFSEGwwodN7wKKA 

Lincoln it says on the lorry so not that far Alan?

• Like 1

I do know that Jones Boatyard at St Ives and Viking Seamaster use HIABs for deliveries.

You could give them a ring and see if you can get a number.

You do need an experience operator for lifting boats because without a frame the two strops coming in to a single hook cause constriction. This is fine at the bow end but not desirable if pulling in on a canopy or wheel house towards the stern.

• Like 1

cheers Iain. I guess the more local the cheaper they will be. (I'll call these). 

cheers Chris, I think GMR Online (who I've already spoken to) is the one Jones use.  Just getting a quote but it would be good to get more than one quote to know if it's expensive. You certainly have a point on the experiance. We have used two (from down here) before and experience certainly shows. 

15 minutes ago, deebee29 said:

15 minutes ago, deebee29 said:

Hi Alan

maybe Jon at Wayford Bridge could advise / suggest someone

Hi David, Yup spoken to Jon (Well Mrs Jon) and they suggested GMR. Spoke to another one Iain put up there..

• Like 2

Don't worry Doug.. I've been vague.. She received damage (several months back now) and for legal reasons I've not gone into too much detail online. But the lights at the end of the tunnel.. and we need to get a hiab transporter to move her from the hardstanding up to her new home :) 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, JawsOrca said:

Thanks Trevor.. Would you recommend them? was the price reasonable? cheers 

They bought that boat from scarbourgh for me and then to the broads, and have launched one for me from the quay at Wells harbour, it was a while ago but i think by milage it was about 340 for 100 miles, but don t quote me on it! service second to none, can,t fault them

• Like 1

peter downs call me .....if yer want yer boat moved talk to me not my wifeee....i know what where and when ...

abbey local min fee plus 480 ...

put it in water  drive the bloddy boat round yer puss....alot cheaper ....or sink it ....!!!!!!

• Like 2

I can never get hold of you Jon!!.. Have you got a a mobile? (it's the putting it in the water bit that's the issue! need a hiab this side.. so whilst I'm doing that I may aswell be a bit a bit lazy!)

JA what happened to your rear end ?! gulp.. Tell your humans if you was plastic you would be done now ;):hardhat:

• Like 1