Local Hiab Company

JawsOrca

12 hours ago, Jbx5 said:

Hi Alan we used GMR on to move our last boat from the Thames 27ft Capriole.

I can definitely recommend them, Chris is a very nice guy and well priced.

regards John 

image.jpg

I like this. A proper lifting frame in use. It is when they just use the strops without one that you get the problems with canopies, stanchions, wheelhouse etc. I don't know what sort of boat Orca is but insist a frame is used.

I'll try to get hold of GMR again.. I like the way they have supports built into the trucks and clearly have experience. 

Chris, Orca's a typical 28 foot cruiser (bit like an Elysian) but with a hard top so certainly needs the cradle (spreader bars).. most haulers have these anyway and we wouldn't use anyone that hasn't. 

Jon I've found your mobile I'll give you a call a bit later too.   

cheers 

3 hours ago, JawsOrca said:

JA what happened to your rear end ?! gulp..

There is nothing wrong with my rear end I'll have you know! Though it did get worse before it got better...

IMG_1328.thumb.JPG.e1622d0f655428e235dccIMG_1385.thumb.JPG.62e2111a7f955db7965f6

IMG_1415.thumb.JPG.c8fadea482a5c1ab40b0f

and finally the trial fit...

IMG_1547.thumb.JPG.e09e7e94c2b18c0344836

3 hours ago, JawsOrca said:

Tell your humans if you was plastic you would be done now ;):hardhat:

Wash your mouth out young Alan! two guns

• Like 1

JA at any point was you worried your humans would put in a nice bit of plastic or glass in there? (now there's an idea?! - Probably not brilliant in the brown waters of the broads though).

(Hat's off as usual to your humans.. that's some scary project..:bow.. The new one looks ok ;))

cheers 

42 minutes ago, JawsOrca said:

JA at any point was you worried your humans would put in a nice bit of plastic or glass in there? (now there's an idea?! - Probably not brilliant in the brown waters of the broads though).

(Hat's off as usual to your humans.. that's some scary project..:bow.. The new one looks ok ;))

cheers 

Alan?

Errr are you saying JA looks scary! :naughty:

cheersIain

blimmey 01692 582555..............office leaVE MESSAGE I WIL RETURN CALL NEED NUMBER ETC 

EMIAL ME DIRECT DIRECT ............WAYFORDMOORINGS@YAHOO.CO.UK

MOBILE 07789095032.....

I,M BUST AND DON,T SIT ON **** IN FOOFCE DEPSITE WHAT YER THINK I DO WORK ......

LORRY HERE TODAY GET IT LIFTED YUOR END ONTO LORRY WE CAN SORT IT OUT FROM THAR.......

BE QUICK ................

OR WE FLOAT IT TOW IT QUICKAND SIMPLE WITH OUR SUPER POWERFULL TOW BOAT 

REGARDS .JON 

QUICK QUICK..........

DON,T FOR GET AUCTION ...........28 TH 29 THG WE HAVE SOLD SOME BOAT THTA WERE GOING IN AUCTION ALREADY SO WE NEED MROE BOAT OF ALL TYPES AND 4X4 CARAVANS TO BOAT S BIT AND BOBS WOOD WORKING MACHINES ALL TO FICX THE BOATS YER KNOW ......

1 hour ago, John said:

Who put it where it is now? Can you not reuse them

No and for legal reasons I can't explain online (and although I can get transport up from the elsewhere a local company would be cheaper).

Jon.. I'll you you again in a bit. I can't do today (probably 3 - 4 weeks time) as we still have the repairers onsite.

I, too, could tell the whole story but wouldn't dream of breaking a confidence but I will say this, Alan has been to hell and back over all of this, if he wants to tell the world about it that's up to him, if not, be totally respected for it

Let's hope he gets the Hiab (whatever that ruddy is lol), ok, crane thinghy sorted as soon as possible, good luck Jaws :kiss

Grace 

• Like 2

Lol thanks guys..trust me you don't want to know the story.. it really was a real life shark attack.. 

In the words of the film you wont want to go back in (or out) of the water ever again!!

I also don't want to unduly ruin people reputations so believe it or not I'm being bloody nice by not saying anything! (just incase they are watching this). I will try and put some advice up of what I've learnt when the times right but I need to get the boat sorted first and then just I need to check with my lawyers again with how much I can say without getting told off! (and again without trying to do people any undue harm). 

• Like 5