There's a good little bar/pub in the broadlands village at oulton which we found last year (I think that's the one this is referring to) .. It's a nice little stroll from the YS and has a outdoor area overlooking the marina and the broad..

I'm not a fan of the pub at the WRC though.. it's too plain for me..

Well done both companies though..

I'm going to so miss the south :( but I guess it's something to look forward to next summer.

• Like 2

Alan, when did you last visit the WRC pub? It's hardly plain now, indeed it very stylish although I will agree that that style might not be to everyone's taste. Personally I like it, always clean, warm welcome, comfortable, good food and ale, lovely patio and plenty of interesting walks after a good meal. 

3 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Alan, when did you last visit the WRC pub? It's hardly plain now, indeed it very stylish although I will agree that that style might not be to everyone's taste. Personally I like it, always clean, warm welcome, comfortable, good food and ale, lovely patio and plenty of interesting walks after a good meal. 

I have to say that I was very surprised at the pub at the sept meet. As its been over 25 years since we last used it. Good food good beer and I didnt think it plain.

Charlie

23 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Couple of months back Peter.. After the refurb.. as much as I like Eddie. it's not for me.. it's a strange sense of style.. by plain I mean unfinished and perhaps rushed styling (Orange?!).. The sofa's by the TV is nice but it doesn't match the rest.

Saying all of this though it's a definite stop a huge positive for the area :)