Camera's

Laurabassam86

Hi Laura,

I too like webcams, they provide a good weather forecasting tool as well as general interest.

I also believe they can generate a lot of web traffic through your website which you can use to market your company so in terms of return for your company it should be well worth the expense.  

cheers 

• Like 2

I adore the webcams, for people that can't get to the Broads for whatever reasons they are great for getting a Broads fix.

One at Ludham would be excellent, I will phone you in advance though Laura, so that when we cruise through you can switch the ruddy thing off, not a pretty sight seeing me go into panic mode :gracie:lol 

Grace

• Like 5

I think that would be a good idea and helpful if it was able to show the height gauge for the bridge too.

What could be a good idea is to get in touch with Inner Shed – who run www.norfolklive.org – this way you would have a known cost to get it all set up and running, and they would take care of everything from the camera to the software and integration into your website.  A bonus of this route would be that you feature in their ‘directory’ of webcams that is slowly growing – you’d have your website linkable through this just like Barnes Brinkcraft do with your logo watermarked over the image. 

Of course there are many ways to get a webcam viewable to the world, take Herbert Woods which is more akin to a photograph being updated every few seconds – the main thing is how much effort and money you wish to put in to things and balancing what we the viewers may wish for (HD real time streaming video) and what you wish to provide.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LondonRascal said:

I think that would be a good idea and helpful if it was able to show the height gauge for the bridge too.

What could be a good idea is to get in touch with Inner Shed – who run www.norfolklive.org – this way you would have a known cost to get it all set up and running, and they would take care of everything from the camera to the software and integration into your website.  A bonus of this route would be that you feature in their ‘directory’ of webcams that is slowly growing – you’d have your website linkable through this just like Barnes Brinkcraft do with your logo watermarked over the image. 

Of course there are many ways to get a webcam viewable to the world, take Herbert Woods which is more akin to a photograph being updated every few seconds – the main thing is how much effort and money you wish to put in to things and balancing what we the viewers may wish for (HD real time streaming video) and what you wish to provide.

Thank you for info LondonRascal will defiantly look them up.

Defo want HD the better quality image we can get the better. We are now getting somewhere with our website as the domain name took forever to get but once its set up there will be a link on there to the web cam.

• Like 4

Totally agree that this is a brilliant idea.

It would not only give us all another view to keep an eye on but would also give more insight to the broads for those who are still living in ignorance of the best area in the country.

Sincerely hope you will be able to proceed down this line and that your business will be rewarded as a result of the effort and cash that you would be putting in to it.

Please do keep us informed of your progress.

Jeff

• Like 2

I'm not so sure about this one.

You see, there are those who own their boats and are very experienced at handling them. Then there are those that hire. Being a hirer with experience means approving nods when you get it right and a get out of jail free card when you get it wrong.

And then there are my lot.... its like being helmed by the chuckle brothers! I'm not sure I am quite ready to become a star on youtube just yet.

As a positive though, you lot will all be sat at home watching the motley crew trying to steer me which means lots of empty moorings.. On second thoughts I like this camera idea - go for it!!!

• Like 4

Sounds great to me. Well that's Ludham Bridge sorted.

Now, where else I wonder. Reedham perhaps? GY would be a must. How about Ranworth, a quick peep to see if there is a mooring place free. Oh! Must not forget Breydon to keep a eye on the mudskippers, or should that read mud skippers!

• Like 1

It occurs to me that this is a tool well worth further expansion perhaps picture in picture might be investigated, The main pic being of the bridge with the height indicator shown in the corner.

For example, how usefui would it be if the two bridges at GY were covered and that the Bernie Arms and the Fisherman's Arms showed them (plus of course a note indicating the rough difference allowing for the crossing of Breydon) I for one would really appreciate being able to see Potter clearance from the Pleasure Boat, and the Thurne Lion.

Further on in time perhaps with trackers on hire boats and a small screen onboard, A display could tell the skipper whether or not his craft wouldd fass under the bridge he seemed to be approaching, saying "You have clearance to pass under Ludham bridge" or "You may pass under Ludham bridge woth caution" or even "Don't even think about it!".

Or maybe I'm just getting carried away!!!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

It occurs to me that this is a tool well worth further expansion perhaps picture in picture might be investigated, The main pic being of the bridge with the height indicator shown in the corner.

For example, how usefui would it be if the two bridges at GY were covered and that the Bernie Arms and the Fisherman's Arms showed them (plus of course a note indicating the rough difference allowing for the crossing of Breydon) I for one would really appreciate being able to see Potter clearance from the Pleasure Boat, and the Thurne Lion.

Further on in time perhaps with trackers on hire boats and a small screen onboard, A display could tell the skipper whether or not his craft wouldd fass under the bridge he seemed to be approaching, saying "You have clearance to pass under Ludham bridge" or "You may pass under Ludham bridge woth caution" or even "Don't even think about it!".

Or maybe I'm just getting carried away!!!

That MM sounds like a job for our London Rascal, Robin! You are not getting carried away, what you say makes sense for you to return to your home moorings, safely.

cheersIain.

• Like 1

I'll stick to being in front of a camera rather than rigging them up...

Now..have a look at this link, it is HMS Warrior in Portsmouth.  http://www.hmswarrior.org/webcam

Clear it is a PTZ (pan zoom tilt) camera which has a set patrol that then stays on an image for 10 seconds.  I think this is rather handy as you don;t get someone trying  to control it stuck on something of complete disinterest 0- but would you look at the quality and frame rate!

Have this sort of thing at Ludham Bridge - 10 seconds on the bridge height, 10 seconds on the bridge you get the idea..

8 minutes ago, LondonRascal said:

I'll stick to being in front of a camera rather than rigging them up...

Now..have a look at this link, it is HMS Warrior in Portsmouth.  http://www.hmswarrior.org/webcam

Clear it is a PTZ (pan zoom tilt) camera which has a set patrol that then stays on an image for 10 seconds.  I think this is rather handy as you don;t get someone trying  to control it stuck on something of complete disinterest 0- but would you look at the quality and frame rate!

Have this sort of thing at Ludham Bridge - 10 seconds on the bridge height, 10 seconds on the bridge you get the idea..

Below decks is something else on Warrior! I can strongly recommend a visit.

cheersIain.

1 hour ago, MauriceMynah said:

Or  even 

"  When possible make a U TURN !!!!!! "