Wayford Bridge Inn

Just had a look at Kris's website and have to say it looks fabulous, 

The prices for the rooms are very good, they look pretty nice too. We often drive down the day before and stay in a hotel, this will definitely be a huge consideration, maybe even stay there if we can make one of the Meets, well done Kris :clap

Grace

p.s Jaws, will meet you in the bar for a drink or five lol

• Like 1

I must admit I did think carefully about staying there but it's a bit out the way of where the boat is and I read somewhere that Kris's team are refurbishing the rooms (so really looking forward to see the rooms after).. 

Gracie I guess it will become our local now so definitely! :wasted: 

• Like 2

So far

• new  boilers 
  • stoves installed in lounge and bar areas
  • Intermediate decor changes in the lounge and bar area (before we get to seriously change them)
  • Opened the "front door" up again which was filled in to allow people to access via the original Woodfarm Inn end.
  • Internet from 2 > 10 meg with another line hopefully going live today  
  • Loads of behind the scenes upgrades and changes which

Next 4 weeks

• Rolling room refurbishment starting end of this month and will be ongoing.
  • Wifi transmitters 6 points upstairs (just waiting for cabling contractor to start)
  • Some opening up in the lounge area and considering opening up the skylight that was filled in.

Planned (Jan onwards)

• Addressing the white tiles in the bar rear of bar area and upgrading toilets 
  • Returning reception to the original location so customers do not have to check in at the bar
  • Wait and see ;-)

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Just had a look at Kris's website and have to say it looks fabulous, 

The prices for the rooms are very good, they look pretty nice too. We often drive down the day before and stay in a hotel, this will definitely be a huge consideration, maybe even stay there if we can make one of the Meets, well done Kris :clap

Grace

p.s Jaws, will meet you in the bar for a drink or five lol

Many thanks for your kind words.

This website is just a temporary one once the rooms and area are done i will have professional photos done and try and make it even better.

There is so much to improve but unfortunately it all takes time but the ball is definitely rolling.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WayfordBridge said:

Planned (Jan onwards)

• Addressing the white tiles in the bar rear of bar area and upgrading toilets 
  • Returning reception to the original location so customers do not have to check in at the bar
  • Wait and see ;-)

Oh so the "Toilet" Bar is going...Yippee! Sorry Kris, but the designer who thought that one up should have been shot at dawn :naughty: Delighted it will be no more in the fullest of time! :party:

A lot going on, and as they say, Rome wasn't built in a day. I wish you well with all the changes. Like Gracie, a possible stop over as I seem to remember there are rooms on the ground floor which is ideal for me.

cheersIain.

• Like 2

You chaps are jumping the gun.. addressing could just mean, kinda cleaning them ;)

Must admit they are the same tiles as in the loo at home!!  

I hope you don't overly change the seating areas in the bar as I quite enjoyed sitting in there.

One thing which surprised me with the bar is the outdoor area (towards the river) is a bit ruined by the car park and a brick wall so you can't see the river.. So it's kinda like sitting in the car park by the wall.. missed opportunity..  I think if that can be landscaped with the river blending in seamlessly that would be really nice.

Good luck Kris.. sounds like good news for the pub (I've had a good couple of nights in there.. had a good atmosphere..)

(please take everyones comments as constructive naturally ;) )  

cheers 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WayfordBridge said:

Many thanks for your kind words.

This website is just a temporary one once the rooms and area are done i will have professional photos done and try and make it even better.

There is so much to improve but unfortunately it all takes time but the ball is definitely rolling.

And a lot of financial investment too. Sadly, we`re never on the Broads enough, let alone enough to frequaent a lot of the riverside pubs / restaurants etc as often as we`d like. However, when we`re back up on Lightning, it will be for 2 weeks next June / July, and the upper Ant will definitely be on our list of destinations. 

There is one question however, Who owns the moorings on the southern bank, are they linked to the hotel?, if so, will there be a mooring re-fund if we eat in?.

23 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

And a lot of financial investment too. Sadly, we`re never on the Broads enough, let alone enough to frequaent a lot of the riverside pubs / restaurants etc as often as we`d like. However, when we`re back up on Lightning, it will be for 2 weeks next June / July, and the upper Ant will definitely be on our list of destinations. 

There is one question however, Who owns the moorings on the southern bank, are they linked to the hotel?, if so, will there be a mooring re-fund if we eat in?.

19 hours ago, Heron said:

The moorings across the river are currently for sale https://www.watersideestateagents.com/properties-for-sale/wea572.html 

Currently owned and operated by the Vintage Boat Company I believe https://vintageboatco.com/

Don't know about any discounts

At the moment they are for sale for £150,000 but not that long ago (2005)they where sold for £30,000 or so going by the land registry.

Problem is I guess the only person who would pay top dollar would be us at the hotel as theoretically we could collect the money from the hotel.

However when I considered that it just did not really make sense sending people 30m2 away and I cannot see how they pull enough in to pay someone to sit there all day.  You can also add the hassle of maintenance and insurance on top of that.

Certainly not £150,000 to me £30,000 is nearer the right price.

With regard to discount nobody has been in to see me about it but if i can get the time over the next week I will try and reach out to the owner of the land.

• Like 3

mooring across the way immmmmmmmm..........cloud ccookoo larnnd as per the norm 

pub a lot better well dunn team at the bridge keep it up a lot of good reports from our end took....

make the pub a pub again...........................people will use it ..........

bring back the fish dishes too .....ummmm..........

well dunnn wayford bridge inn........busy next week end ..................are yer rooms full yet ....????

• 2 months later...

Wayford Bridge Inn

We arrived at the Wayford Bridge Inn on a miserable January day and were welcomed by friendly and helpful staff. Karen, Kris’s mother and the co-owner, introduced herself and apologised because our room wasn’t then quite ready (we were an hour early) and offered us a free drink each from the bar….. that was a very promising start!

Karen then showed me around the newly refurbished downstairs bedrooms which were outfitted to a high standard. During this we passed through two very comfortable lounges, complete with lovely log fires burning.

We were then taken to our warm, comfortable, upstairs room which overlooked the river and bridge. We were somewhat surprised to hear that these too were to be completely renovated but there’s no doubt that they intend to make this a memorable destination.

The evening meal menu was extensive and we were on the Dinner, B&B deal. On this you get to choose any two courses out of the three. We chose the House Chardonnay at £18 which was light and crisp.

John had the whitebait starter followed by Steak and Kidney pudding, which almost defeated him! Mary-Jane had a huge gammon steak with fried egg and pineapple and then a hand made lemon tart. Here’s February’s menu:

http://www.wayfordbridge.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/NewMenuv130Jan2016.pdf

After a lovely night’s sleep we went downstairs for breakfast. We skipped the cereals/yoghurt and John had a Manx kipper topped with a poached egg. He described it as “Superb”! Mary-Jane had two beautifully poached eggs on toast.

All in all we had an excellent visit and intend to return for another meal while on the boat. The D, B&B rate was discounted by 10% when we booked on the internet and quoted “TNBNET2015”

• Like 5

2 hours ago, vanessan said:

HA - do you know if the WB Inn is dog-friendly? Looks like a terrific menu.

They are allowed in the lounges/bar area, Vanessa, but not the restaurant.

There is a £10 surcharge if you want to bring them with you for an overnight stay (I just rang then to confirm that).     :wave