Christmas Number One?

JennyMorgan

Hmm, not bad. Don't let the bells end (IMHO) was the best Christmas song since Slade's Merry Christmas and as I recall was held off the top by the dreary dirge Mad World which had been in a film I think.

However if you really want to hear a real Christmas classic look up Santa Baby, the Norfolk Broads Version on YouTube :-)  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FairTmiddlin said:

Iain

Sang this in school choir quite often

Stille Nacht! Heilige Nacht!
Alles schläft; einsam wacht
Nur das traute heilige Paar.

Likewise, I did also. It just sounds so special in German. Same with Oh Come all ye Faithfull in Latin. I suppose we were just taught differently in those days at school.

cheersIain

I remember we sang this one christmas in the church close to our school and we split into four seperate groups one in each corner. We then sang a verse in turn, whilst the other groups hummed the tune all accapella. that sounded really good. We also did carol singing around the streets near the school for charity. all dressed up in Victorian gear (courtesy of school props department) we even made the old fashioned lanterns in metalwork . I agree we were taught very differently in those days

• Like 1

For one Christmas, our church choir, forty strong and another church choir in Ayr got together and performed Handel's Messiah, - abridged version - complete down to having a special harpsicord and orchestra. 

To this day I still get goosebumps and hair raise on the back of my neck with singing the Hallelujah Chorus! Or hearing it performed. 

cheers