Common sense rules!!

JennyMorgan

Iain, regarding 'untouchable' I think that you are right. He has much to his credit, but equally he does appear to have distanced himself from, and lost the wide ranging support and trust of a broad church of Broads people. Regretfully consultation was largely pointless, especially when decisions had already been made. 

• Like 2

BB, in my case I had to find weakness in all his statements regarding local golf, and eventually he was funoot as they say! It was not easy, but if you can prove incompetence, they in the end have to step down!

Polly I think that is very unfair on Tasmania, Outer Mongolia I think would be far more suitable !!!

cheersIain

• Like 1

Unfortunately, there`s no way whatsoever of having him removed. He`s there for the duration untill he`s had enough. The only group that can remove him is some government group, but all the time he is doing what THEY want, he`ll be safe. No government will remove an authority leader to appease an often rightminded public, especially if those members of public feel that a different approach and strategy is what is needed, because they think it`s a classic example of losing face. That`s why i believe the only fair thing to do, is to make the BA an elected authority. Then, maybe, the public, and especially those members of the public that make their living out of, and know what`s best for the Broads, will actually be able have their views properly represented and get things done properly?.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Hey Speedtriple!!!

I am starting to agree with you in a way that might be thought of as 'unhealthy'.

You think that`s worrying John, i did see Strowager liked one of my posts? 

Seriously though, whatever MY beliefs are, i always respect other peoples beliefs, and often, although they differ from mine, there`s usually a lot of common sense in peoples opposing posts, it`s just that sometimes, we all have to agree to disagree. It`s what makes this forum such a good place for discussion.

There is a body that could get rid of him, that is the Broads Authority itself. In discussion with a member he/she expressed the opinion that in doing so more problems would be created than would be solved. Nor sure that that is entirely true but I got the impression that it's an option that has been discussed, probably in the car park!

1 hour ago, JennyMorgan said:

There is a body that could get rid of him, that is the Broads Authority itself. In discussion with a member he/she expressed the opinion that in doing so more problems would be created than would be solved. Nor sure that that is entirely true but I got the impression that it's an option that has been discussed, probably in the car park!

That sounds like the person in question is actually (despite any protestations) one of his supporters possibly trying to protect the advancement of their own career?. Synicl i know, but i`ve witnessed that sort od scennario nearly every week at work.

http://www.broadsnationalpike.com/2015/11/brave-members-reject-assault-on-free_22.html

43 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

That sounds like the person in question is actually (despite any protestations) one of his supporters possibly trying to protect the advancement of their own career?. Synicl i know, but i`ve witnessed that sort od scennario nearly every week at work.

Might want to remain on the inside;) rather than get his/her marching orders!

• Like 1

“Meetings are a place where Members conduct business of the Authority and really don’t need to be distracted by the public interfering with the carefully engineered decisions I need them to make.

After four years on the Navigation Committee I can only agree with Fen Spider's valid albeit tongue in cheek assessment.

• Like 1