Just seen this

Bound2Please

What I find bizarre is I was born and bred in deepest Essex and neither I nor any of my friends (OK bar one) speak anything like the stereotypical Essex person.

I am sure at some point I did have a shell suit, but I think half the country had them back in those days if you were off a certain age?

I dont think programmes like TOWIE help the situation though (not that I watch it), but what I have seen just makes me cringe!!! The comment the media have hyped it up I think has a lot to answer for, but it's all good fun I guess.

• Like 1

Lol oh geez I probably should stay quiet!! ah sod it... I have a few friends from over the border and I'm sorry they are "essex". I think it's more sauth essex that put on the show whether intentionally or not.. and the sauth is more common than the nicer parts of further north. But I'm sorry from what I see it's very true..Driving up you know you when you are in essex. Bless them.. obviously there's the small exceptions but not many lol... (No real offence intended ;) ) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gracie said:

Very good Charlie but I don't seem to have any sound on my computer at the moment

Grace

p.s Oops, no, it's ok, Iv'e just turned the volume up (and I don't live anywhere near Essex lol) :naughty:

I'll refrain from comment at this time  :naughty::kiss

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MauriceMynah said:

Well!!!

I was born juss art side Sow Fend in Leon See annat you know. So like I'm a Essex bloke innit annat you know. So like you know I can say like  catagorick like  annat that Essex blokes an Essex gurls aint a bit like that like annat you know innit like.

uhhh....what....

looks like I'm reading one of jons posts.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Baitrunner said:

What I find bizarre is I was born and bred in deepest Essex and neither I nor any of my friends (OK bar one) speak anything like the stereotypical Essex person.

I am sure at some point I did have a shell suit, but I think half the country had them back in those days if you were off a certain age?

I dont think programmes like TOWIE help the situation though (not that I watch it), but what I have seen just makes me cringe!!! The comment the media have hyped it up I think has a lot to answer for, but it's all good fun I guess.

I was actually born n bred in towie town (or was that found) the pub that theyve wrecked to make such an unwatchable program has historic importance to Brentwood. Now its all plastic fronted the cobbled court yard has been turned into bar grrrrrrrrr (it was originally a right of way through there) so it stopped the short cut through to the back of town grrrrrrrrrrr.

Not every one from Brentwood is orange and talks like grammer lost

Many years ago I worked for an instore portrait photography company called Parasol and I regularly worked in Southend. My eldest daughter used to follow up a week later to sell the portraits that I had taken. She would set the pictures up on an easel for the customers to choose from. The first time I took her to the store was to train her and that was about the same time that the Essex Girl stereotypes were emerging. The first customers came in, Sarah put the pictures on the easel, customer says 'luflee' and Sarah burst out laughing. Afterwards she explained to me that it was her first contact with Essex Woman, right down to the white sling-backs and the white Sierras & Capris, with their 'hazards' flashing away, parked on the pavement outside the Co-op. Something of a culture shock for my Sarah!!

• Like 1

Just now, Baitrunner said:

I can see the Essex girl jokes coming out next!!

I still cant understand half of Norfolk - the rest are OK because we are all imported!!:naughty:

Just for my own amusement I'll often ask imported Essex folk why they have moved up to Norfolk. Invariably they will tell me that they have come here to get away from the er-hem immigrants . . . . . . . . . . ., what Norfolk folk often refer to as 'outsiders'!

Cheaper (unless you want a riverside property), nicer and less crime (especially the violent type) and most of the time the roads flow more freely (when the tractor boys aren't out).

Mind you we would probably never have bought a boat if we didn't live that close to the Broads so it has cost me quite a lot.

Now as they build more houses and more people move in I guess this will all change.

7 hours ago, Baitrunner said:

I can see the Essex girl jokes coming out next!!

I still cant understand half of Norfolk - the rest are OK because we are all imported!!:naughty:

its like when some Norfolk folk pronounce hours, first time I heard that i was like wait what,...what whores....

• Like 3

On 11/23/2015, 1:37:13, JennyMorgan said:

Just for my own amusement I'll often ask imported Essex folk why they have moved up to Norfolk. Invariably they will tell me that they have come here to get away from the er-hem immigrants . . . . . . . . . . ., what Norfolk folk often refer to as 'outsiders'!

Peter.. Sadly it seems a real norfolk aboriginal is becoming rare.. Most people you talk to reply back in a london accent or an essex accent.. It's still nice though to meet a real norfolk born and bred though.. I love the norfolk accent! (It always brings a smile followed by the constant p*** taking for a good hour after.. "Slow u Doune" lol :bow)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Regulo said:

Like I said elsewhere: I once spent 2 hours in conversation with Norman at the Stokesby Ferry . . . and never understood a word of it!!!!

You didn't go in OFTEN enough Ray,:norty: I had know problem understanding him when he said, another pint of Adnams! :naughty: A true gent was Norman, lovely bloke, you just waited a wee bit longer to be served.

cheersIain.