Richardsons 2016 brochure

Broads01

I received my brochure in the post this week. Its always great to have an old fashioned brochure on the out dated medium of paper! The Richardsons brochure has always been a good one and its even better this time thanks to the thick paper which gives it a more luxurious feel I think. Its good to see the Swancraft boats there, all part of the Platinum fleet except for Swan Rapide which is priced very competitively in the Classic fleet.

Prices are little changed with a similar policy of multiple boats being identically priced, e.g a Cavalier will cost you the same as Sovereign or Glistening Horizon or San Valentino or about 20 others. There is some quirky pricing once again though. Contessa is still priced well under its 32 foot dual steer sisters, despite being larger and of equivalent quality (complete with the holly and teak flooring). For most of the year the 37 foot ex Connoisseurs like Tropic Horizon are priced less than the 42 foot ones like Prelude as you'd expect but peak season this is reversed and you pay less on the 42 foot.

There's only one big mistake I've noticed so far, being for Dawn Horizon the photo is actually of Sunlit Horizon which is unfortunate.

There is a new boat Monaco which "is similar to Carousel but boasts a scissor berth to the forward cabin." Er, que?

Lovely brochure overall though.

• Like 1