Built in LPG Cooker .. Aka Gold dust

Please help me!!

Our LPG built in cooker at home (600mm wide) has died and I'm about to throw it overboard and use as an anchor.. I'm fed up of pan cooking now and as I suspect we won't sell it too soon I want a new one. :smiley-angry047:

I had a good look yesterday (cyder orange tuesday and all) and the only one I can find is a Belling at comet for £400 and that's £150 more than I want to spend! (considering this boats up for sale). :shocked

Does anyone know of a supplier of built in LPG oven (We can't use leccy as we don't have enough power supply here). Is there a known and trusted way to convert cheaper gas ovens??

Any help would be good... I'm going to miss doing my xmas food this year at this rate :( 

cheers 

The trouble is marine cookers are expensive and they have to be the correct ones for a boat.     Ours was nearly £700 but I am sure there are others a lot cheaper.    As long as they have an automatic cut out on them I dont see any problem,.   I know how you feel if the boat is up for sale,  sods law something like this would happen.    May be Ludham Bridge have one in their stock , would it be free standing or fitted.

Thanks guys, caravan club is a good idea. Thankfully we don't really need a boat cooker as we are offshore and thankfully no rules apply to us (:swordpir:) although most ovens have flame failure devices as per standard and as always we want to do it right. I think it really need to be a mobile home/caravan supplier but I cant find a supplier. 

Thanks Paul, they are all freestanding :(I thought you can re-jet but again I can't find any details and yup don't want to play and I doubt anyone will do for us.. Our current oven came with both jets (Premier range) but they don't supply anymore. I should try to have a chat with a couple of people here in the marina I guess. 

1 hour ago, JawsOrca said:

I had a good look yesterday (cyder orange tuesday and all) and the only one I can find is a Belling at comet for £400 and that's £150 more than I want to spend! (considering this boats up for sale). :shocked

Alan you sure it was COMET? Perhaps Jon at Wayford may know of one that is for sale?

xmas6Iain

• Like 1

Thanks guys we struggled before Iain as apparently it's illegal to sell a second hand gas appliance.

Here's the one at ao http://ao.com/product/xou60lpg-belling-gas-single-oven-stainless-steel-12006-44.aspx

I can't do that one paul as we have the counter above it with the hob on that.. I watched some of Robins videos and noticed some boats do have simular. I can't imagine the yards are paying £400 an oven..

Just now, BroadScot said:

Dealt with AO on several occasions. Good service!

Hmm.. I'm not content spending £400 when we could sell anytime soon.. (We actually have offers just waiting for them to find the money).. £200 would be worth doing. We only paid that for our old one. Maybe I should try and get the old one fixed. :(

2 hours ago, BroadScot said:

Dealt with AO on several occasions. Good service!

I can agree with that Iain.

the service was first class, even arranged the fitting ( domestic gas oven ) at a very reasonable price.

I've also used appliances direct and would happily recommend them as well

3 hours ago, JawsOrca said:

Please help me!!

Our LPG built in cooker at home (600mm wide) has died and I'm about to throw it overboard and use as an anchor.. I'm fed up of pan cooking now and as I suspect we won't sell it too soon I want a new one. :smiley-angry047:

Does anyone know of a supplier of built in LPG oven (We can't use leccy as we don't have enough power supply here). Is there a known and trusted way to convert cheaper gas ovens??

Any help would be good... I'm going to miss doing my Christmas food this year at this rate :( 

cheers 

Hi Alan,

I think you will find that any gas cooker at £400.00 is fairly cheap I am sorry to say and you may find that LPG cookers are even worse.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1