Built in LPG Cooker .. Aka Gold dust

4 hours ago, JawsOrca said:

Yes sorry Paul just the oven bit :)

I did think about making a smaller one fit but the 600mm widths are standard and must be about somewhere :).. £250 is perfect price though..

Alan we are on lpg at home and got our boiler from a massive wharehouse in Gillingham/Rainham they had gear in theier at very good prices, it was worth the near 200 mile each way drive to get our boiler a couple of years ago.... Cant remember the name of them but they took up an area near on footballl pitch size.

Charlie

15 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Alan we are on lpg at home and got our boiler from a massive wharehouse in Gillingham/Rainham they had gear in theier at very good prices, it was worth the near 200 mile each way drive to get our boiler a couple of years ago.... Cant remember the name of them but they took up an area near on footballl pitch size.

Charlie

Charlie.. Please try to remember more!! I don't know that side all that well..  it's probably somewhere at hempstead valley.. near the tescos / B&Q but I can't think of anyone there and not showing on google. Have you got the receipt somewhere? ;)

13 minutes ago, LondonRascal said:

Blimey, talk about check the small details eh? Sorry then.

cheers still Robin. I called them and we only worked it out when I asked about the jets and we noticed it needed a 16amp fuse :(.. 

I think the cheapest is this BAUMATIC BO610.5SS which has LPG jets. but it's still £300 so may be worth waiting for the sales.. (I'll email the gumtree one though.. although I want a warranty with it really).  

Thanks All!

I can't believe that this is so difficult. LOTS of places don't have mains gas and so LPG is quite common. 

You need to get in touch with an independent gas installer. Local to us and an absolute diamond are Paul and Patricia Rowe at Stalham Gas. If they don't know of one, nobody will. 

www.stalhamgas.co.uk/
  •  
  •  
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, JawsOrca said:

cheers Andy, I'll get in touch with them.. it's strange isn't it. I guess most people use electric ovens. Sadly though our hook up is only 13amp do we can't do electric cookers. 

Many years ago there use to be a Baby Belling Cooker that plugged into a 13amp socket. I sold quite a few to students. Well should say their parents bought them for their Dorms.

Just found its still on sale!

http://ao.com/product/baby121r-belling-electric-cooker-white-15417-11.aspx

xmas6Iain

11 hours ago, ZimbiIV said:

Alan,

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3689693.htm

comes with a three pin plug attached so goes into a standard ring main.

What size aperture is it to fit?

paul

That sounds OK.. although our lead is only 13amp so as far I understand it we couldn't run anything else.. the aperture is 60cm.. 

I email stalham gas no answer so far we may have to pop in there I guess.

cheers 

Alan, the one I showed is 2400 watts max so on a 13amp main would only leave 700 enough for telly and a light but not enough for a kettle, so you would have to drink wine while waiting for a meal to cook, such is life's little hardships.

What make is the old one new burners/stats maybe still available.

paul

• Like 1