Quiet and Peaceful 5

NorfolkNog

2 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Howard,

It looks as if you and Mrs Nog have the rivers and moorings to yourselves.

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan, yes, not seen another boat moving all day. :-) 

This really is such a good time to be out, there is no better time IMHO 

Massive thanks to Bridgecraft too for making it all possible, what an excellent yard :-) 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, JawsOrca said:

Howard do you not feel a bit too vulnerable effectively being the only boat out? 

Alan,

Behave laddie...Howard is frae YORKSHIRE ! Hard as nails and all black belts and flat caps. Know doubt Mrs Nog is lethal with a handbag!:naughty:

xmas6Iain

P.S. I see Howard has a wee part time job at Rosies Ho Ho Ho!lol:

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, BroadScot said:

Alan,

Behave laddie...Howard is frae YORKSHIRE ! Hard as nails and all black belts and flat caps. Know doubt Mrs Nog is lethal with a handbag!:naughty:

xmas6Iain

P.S. I see Howard has a wee part time job at Rosies Ho Ho Ho!lol:

Lol.. I didn't mean like that.. ;) . I do wonder though if Howard does feel a worry being on his/their own. I'd be one that would worried about people undoing ropes and bits if I was the only boat out and thus would have to effectively chain the boat to the pontoons lol.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JawsOrca said:

Howard do you not feel a bit too vulnerable effectively being the only boat out? 

Hi Alan

No, not at all. We always moor near a pub or in a boatyard, not in the wild mooring type of places. In eleven years doing this never felt uneasy or had any problems. Know where you are coming from though. Hope you can get out for the festive season, the weather is lovely 

PS Iain LOL :-) 

• Like 5

Quick tour of Oulton Broad cheersbar

Waveney basic Wherry and Adnams and GK :-(

BITD Adnams and Gloombar v loud music (not live) not many in 

Commodore Wherry and Adnams - rammed

Wherry Hotel - 2 Green Jack beers, Trawlerboys and Canary. Great beer :-)  eye watering prices :-(

broadview - star of the show, friendly and very well kept Adnams Old. In fact it was so good I had another for Carol cheersbar

Next stop, Stanford Arms :-)  cheersbar

Jesus Howard, i think you should have called this thread "Howards pub cruise"

Seriously though, i`m quite envious of the weather. We had a few good days, but not as many as you. I think i`m going to swap our weeks on Lightning for whatever weeks you have, because you always seem to get the sun.

Some great pics, especially the one of Rosie Leas. I hope you went in for breakfast in the morning?.

• Like 1

Hi Neil

Thought of you when we passed Rosie Lees, sadly too late for breakfast :cry

Jean, echo your sentiment entirely. It seems that many more of the Swancraft  regulars will miss them a great deal, it's such a shame. But I too wish them well for the future.  

• Like 1

I'm surprised our Mr Nog didn't have a go at the Karaoke.........I can just imagine Howard looking over at the table where Mrs Nog is sitting, he announces on the mic that he would like to sing a tribute to the most important thing in his life, the thing that gets him through good times and bad times and belts out a rendition of 'I will always love you', as he finishes he says wih the utmost affection and with an adoring look in his eyes " I LOVE YOU, MY HUMPTY DUMPTY" lol cheersbar

Sorry Howard, couldn't resist.......as always loving this, thanks for leting us in on your lovely holiday :kiss

Grace

• Like 5