The 2009 NBN's 2nd Birthday Bash - Sat. 19th September

Julz

The team are planning to celebrate the NBN's 2nd Birthday this year with a meet up and Pub evening at the Kings Arms Ludham, on Sat 19th September at 7.30pm cheers:dance:)

The theme will be Pirates as we have been informed that its national 'Talk like a Pirate' day on that day, and there will be a prize for the best dressed pirate and impressions :lol: :pirate

There will be bar meals on sale, and we are still negotiating for further attractions, so please watch this space for future announcements :grin:cheers

A NBN forum Birthday cake will be lit and shared out between the members attending :teddy:

Moorings will be available on Womack water, and at the bridge in Ludham, with a lift possible for anyone up to the pub on the evening from the bridge stores (bookable by pm) :party:

There may also be an event on the Sunday lunchtime at Womack, if enough people sign up :party2:

Everyone is welcome to sign up and join us for this event cheersbarcheersice slice:grin:

Any further Ideas for adding to the fun, and im all Ears lol :lol: Just pm them to me for further discusion ;):grin:

Edited to add that we have now gained permision form the trustees of Womack Staithe to hold a big NBN forum BBq and Sunday lunch time meet on the 20th, the day after the Birthday Bash, more details to follow later ice slice:)

A big Thankyou to all concerned for arranging the permisions and to the trustees for generously allowing us to do this :clap:clap:clapcheerscheerscheers

Please sign up below to attend this event :party2:

Julz and the Team :wave:party1::band:band

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

pirate dress is optional Bruce :pirate:lol:... but we cannot promise that you wont start talking like one when you have had a few pints :lol:cheerscheersbar:party:

Its strange how peoples accents change to match the company there with at the time :party2:

Julz :wave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Any recommendations as to where to find accommodation for the Saturday night?

Martin

If you have tent or caravan there are a couple of places very nearby. Failing that I suspect the nearest hotel would be the Swan in Horning (5 min taxi ride) unless there are any B&B's in Ludham. I'll keep my eyes open next time I am there.

Sorry i've not said anything for a while but i've been on a shopping trip to Milan with my mum and auntie for a few days. We bought some lovely new clothes and shoes for a friends wedding. Anyway i've just raed this and am really disappointed coz this meet you are having is on the day we go home so we won't be able to come. Shame coz it looks like it might have been fun.

Unfortunately it is looking like being at the end of the worst week possible for SWMBO as we had been looking into the possibility of attending by boat but that isn't going to happen. So it'll probably be just me, and by car, but better that than miss it altogether.

Just a bit of an update on this one for all you lovely people :grin:cheersbar:teddy:

We will now be running a 2009 NBN prize draw competition, with tickets on sale from Mid August, further details to follow once we have finalised our list of Super Prizes :clap:dance

The draw for the winners will then take place in the Kings Arms Ludham, on the Night of the Birthday Bash Meet, with proceeds going towards site funds cheers:party2:

We have had 21 people (Adults, but young ones welcome too) sign up for this meet so far, so it looks like being a good night out to be had by all, and hopefully we may get a few more people able to sign up and join us nearer the time :)

To date we have ....

Brian and family (By car)

Mark and family

Brucec

Bill and Julz (By car)

Col and Lou, Connor and Jay (HappyJaxII)

Dave and Christine(Aquaholic)

Jimbo,Jonzo & Lu + James Lons

Simon (Plesbit)

Jim and Partner

Jonzo

Martin(Goodall_M1)

Steve and Jax +1

Roy and Diane

Dont be shy, everyone is most welcome to join in for this Birthday Bash celebration, members old and new, just sign up on this thread please so we can let the pub Know how many to expect and reserve an area for NBN where we can all be seated together Thanks :dance

If anyone would like to join us on the Sunday lunch time after on Womack staithe for a drink and a bite to eat, please could you sign up on the Lunch meet thread below, a full and final menu will be decided then depending on approx Numbers attending, and when i have had a chat with Brian hopefully in a couple of weeks time, but it could be BBQ, Hot roast pork Baps, or perhaps Bacon Butties and brunch for the late risers amoungst our members thanks! :lol:

Anyone whos veggie please let me know and we will be happy to sort out something suitable food wise for you. :)

Julz :wave:party1:

Hopefully it wont come to that stage Barry, and you will still be able to join your Holiday ok cheers

We are down on the broads for 10 days in September, so we may be able to catch up with you and Olive later in the week if you are back in time, otherwise we will be down for several weeks next year, both North and South based hopefully and will be setting up a few NBN meet opartunities then :)

Julz :wave

Dont be shy, everyone is most welcome to join in for this Birthday Bash celebration, members old and new, just sign up on this thread please so we can let the pub Know how many to expect and reserve an area for NBN where we can all be seated together Thanks :dance

Julz :wave:party1:

Julz,

Please add Martin (by car) to the list for this one to cheersbarcheersbar

Martin