2016 Beccles Wooden Broads Cruiser Show

JanetAnne

I have had confirmation today that the IBTC will be attending our 2016 show. They are going to bring along a display of tools and equipment as well as 'something interesting' currently under restoration. They are also going to bring along their steam box and do a display of steaming and bending of oak for us.

We have that nice chap Doug to thank for sewing the seeds to make this happen.

Full details will follow and final times will be in our programme.

Ah, that reminds me, Pictures for the programme. I have some but not all. If you are coming and there is not a picture on this thread of your boat that you are happy with, can you please upload one for me. I will include the rest that I currently have under this.

• Like 1

Here is our 2016 entry list

TABITHA ROSE (Herbert Woods Starlight Class)

MANXMAN (Herbert Woods Golden Light Class)

MONAS QUEEN (Herbert Woods Golden Light Class)

GEORGIA (Chris Craft)

WATER RAIL (Herbert Woods Delight Class)

NIPPER (Moores Belmore Class)

MISSOURI STAR (Jack Powles Star Class)

JUDITH M (Martham Boats Judith Class)

JUDY (Martham Boats Judith Class)

JANET 3 (Martham Boats Janet Class)

BROAD AMBITION (Jack Powles Star Supreme Class)

LADY CHRISTINA (Graham Bunn Windboat)

MYSTIC MELODY (Andrews)

CHAMELEON (Compass Craft Compass Prince 3)

LADY FONTANA (Richardsons Tranquil (?) I Hope!)

STAR PREMIER (Jack Powles Star Premier Class)

SWIFTWAY 5 (Richardsons Swiftway)

PHOENIX (unconfirmed)

MUDDY WATERS (unconfirmed)

FINALE (Connosseur and our support vessel - yes you've guessed it, I'm not ready!)

We have one remaining space available....

Can this get any more complicated.  Thank you to everyone for offers of help (you know who you are) but last week my memory suddenly had a moment and I remembered something else.  WR has a hiring booked in August and guess when she is returned.................the 19th so we have no choice but to get up seriously early on Saturday morning for a 06:57 slack at Yarmouth.  I shall be able to probably go through a bit later and then pick up the incoming tide on Breydon and come up to Beccles on the tide.  Since I shan't get up to Horning until mid evening on Friday there is no opportunity to get the evening tide or get closer to Yarmouth.  I've done the trip in one day several times so that isn't the issue.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, hazelgirl said:

We have been searching for more pics of Janet 3 and there just aren't any, that will be rectified in a few weeks.

We will be hoping to make the Friday evening tide, if not, it will be the Saturday morning one for us too Liz.

Getting close now. Anyone else excited?

• Like 1

Oh yes,  I seem to have been to Beccles quite a lot this year.  Having just checked with MrsG swmbo has stated there will just be me and her with Macie dog onboard.  Time afloat on our own. (But hopefully Robin may be visiting us Saturday overnight).

We are due to be onboard Thursday night.  Not sure where will be Friday forenoon but will probably set off for GYA to arrive early re tides at 1700-ish and then just keep going eta Beccles 2100.  That will be a lot of helming for yours truly as MrsG likes it that way.  Forty Six river miles direct from  our berth to Beccles Yacht station if we don't go anywhere else Friday forenoon.

Griff

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hylander said:

What is the dates for the event please?      We can walk down and see you all.

The Beccles carnival committee et al, have, after much discussion, confirmed the dates for their gala weekend as August 20th – 21st 2016. Of course we have an automatic block booking for the north side of the yacht station and this is now all confirmed.

There you go, Monica. Enjoy!

cheersIain

• Like 1

Oops, can someone delete the above?

Now where was I? Ah yes...

I have just been hauled over the coals by the Pesky One....  he was very gentle :liar

• It seems the NBN office have received correspondence from people wanting to book into the Beccles  show. Could anyone wanting info or details etc please contact me direct either by email or pm otherwise I may have another visit from the caber wielding one :shocked

Honest ! I never laid a Telegraph pole on JA :norty:. Thank you woodie boaty type thingy, well how are you supposed to type to a boat !

It was the Skipper, I was just the message boy :facepalm:

Thank you JA good old boat that you are.:clap

cheersIain