2016 Beccles Wooden Broads Cruiser Show

JanetAnne

Two girlies at once?  In a past life before I met MsG it was kinda common with me :blush:

One piece of advice that my Dad gave me, which I passed onto my lad and in the fullness of time will do so to our grandson:-

'Son, if it's got t*ts or tyres then it's going to be trouble or expensive'

He wasn't far wrong !

Griff

• Like 4

7 hours ago, LondonRascal said:

So, just checked with Shiela and I'm allowed away again - so will arrive Saturday morning and depart earlish Sunday evening.

We should meet at last - we will be departing early Sunday apparently!

• 2 weeks later...

Getting excited now.

This time a week today (2215) we should have been stern berthed at Beccles for just over 1 x Hr

We have a flotilla of 2 meeting somewhere on the Lower Bure for an eta at GYA at or around 1700 for the Breydon passage then onto Beccles.  Anyone else?

Griff

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing you there Barry.

Early tide? that is at 0500 in t morning at GYA, so I take it you going to be there at around 0600 then?  Given your eta of 1500 at Beccles that means a transit time of nine hours to do 23 miles? That's an average of 2:5mph - Methinks I'm not calculating correctly or missing something here

Griff

Well done Griff you spotted the deliberate mistake. I had intended to go via Oulton Broad Y.S. as there was no particular hurry to confirm our mooring for Sunday night and try and get a side on berth on the port side pontoon. It will make unloading me and the luggage that much easier. 

Just five days to go :party::dancecheersbar

Just to tempt you one last time here is the final entry list with everybody confirmed as of this week.

TABITHA ROSE (Herbert Woods Starlight Class)

MANXMAN (Herbert Woods Golden Light Class)

KINGFISHER (Herbert Woods Golden Light Class)

GEORGIA (Chris Craft)

WATER RAIL (Herbert Woods Delight Class)

NIPPER (Moores Belmore Class)

MISSOURI STAR (Jack Powles Star Class)

JUDITH M (Martham Boats Judith Class)

JUDY (Martham Boats Judith Class)

JANET 3 (Martham Boats Janet Class)

BROAD AMBITION (Jack Powles Star Supreme Class)

LADY CHRISTINA (Graham Bunn Windboat)

MYSTIC MELODY (Andrews)

CHAMELEON (Compass Craft Compass Prince 3)

LADY FONTANA (Richardsons Tranquil (?) I Hope!)

STAR PREMIER (Jack Powles Star Premier Class)

MYSTIQUE (Built by D Cutting 1984)

GOLDEN COCKEREL (Wilson 24)

MARIANNE (Forum member Spider's lovely yacht)

FINALE (Connosseur and our support vessel - yes you've guessed it, I'm not ready!)

Now isn't that a line up to die for!

Over the weekend we will be having a rowing race challenge, a knot tying challenge, quizzes and competitions and, of course, the International Boat Building Training Centre display. Elsewhere on site at various times are a craft fair, funfair, the carnival procession, live music, arena events and just about everything else you can think of.

:lineup:

• Like 4

Sorry JA I would have loved to attend such a fantastic weekend of woodie mania. The only thing missing that I can see from your list is the chocy tasting competition !:party:

Hope all goes well, these events don't just happen, a lot of time and effort goes in to running them ! Have a great time a fab weather !

cheersIain

1 hour ago, JanetAnne said:

just about everything else you can think of.

The We'll Help Restore Royal Tudor So She Can Be There Next Year Formation Varnishing Team?

The Single Ladies Under 21 Free 5KW Diesel Heating System Free To A Good Home Blancmange Wrestling Team?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Timbo said:

The We'll Help Restore Royal Tudor So She Can Be There Next Year Formation Varnishing Team?

That we can do!

1 minute ago, Timbo said:

The Single Ladies Under 21 Free 5KW Diesel Heating System Free To A Good Home Blancmange Wrestling Team?

:facepalm:

42 minutes ago, w-album said:

We are leaving Horning very early Saturday morning so please keep a spot for WR.

Your spot is well and truly allocated Liz....

IMG_20160814_212438.jpg

And before anyone says it, these will be on Beccles quay head not the dining room table!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, grendel said:

If I hadnt been already spoken for at the company fun day (as one of the orgamisers) I would have packed my tent, model of BA and modelling bits and headed up there myself - maybe next year?

Next years event will be on 19th and 20th August 2017! :party:

• Like 2