2016 Beccles Wooden Broads Cruiser Show

JanetAnne

4 hours ago, steve&jax said:

HI Dave

Please reserve a mooring for Missouri Star, we both look forward to meeting up again. Great fun last year, YOU will have a boat there this year we assume?

Steve

We had a boat there last year! Ok it may have been hidden out the way but we are working very hard to rectify the situation in 2016.

Really look forward to seeing you and Jax again chap and having another drool over the stunning Missouri Star.

• 5 months later...

It had been my intention to come but looking at the tides and the problem I can't get away early on Friday as too many people  at work are on holiday it could prove to be a logistical nightmare.  Even if someone volunteered to bring her down (that is WR) I still need to get her back to her home and drive home from there?  Anyone with any suggestions?

I suppose I could sidetow her back but it's a chuffin long way to do that.  The longest sidetow I have done to date was a 'Binliner' (with a 500hp defunct inboard petrol engine) from just north of Yarmouth to Horning.  I will have crew with me onboard, (But not sure who they are as of yet) we will be coming back north no later than the 24th Aug  Robin could maybe volenteer?  he could do a WR blog for you at the same time!

• Like 1

That would be interesting to say the least!! My plan is to spend a few days south with my pal Sarah, hopefully up to New Mills and ideally be back in Horning Tuesday evening but that when it starts to  get complicated.  I will add to this message later or tomorrow morning............

What I am really looking for and am hoping that is say a crew member of BA??? might be able to pick up WR from Horning or wherever and bring her down to Beccles on Friday?.  Me and my crew would be able to get to Beccles on Saturday and plan to have a few days on the south rivers before returning on Tuesday.  However that is where it also gets complicated as my car would be near Southwold and my boat and I would need to return to Horning.  Another option is that someone brings the boat down for me and someone very kindly offers me a lift from Horning on Saturday morning...............it is very complicated.  If the tides had been easier we could have come down on Saturday but I think 7 at Gt Yarmouth is just too early without any prior preparation.  A Robin blog would be fun!!!!!! Liz

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Liz,  fear ye not, me and the LR are in communications to try and come up with something suitable that will suit your requirements.

WR is just grateful for any help that might be available.  It would be great if LR could do a totally unbiased blog about how wonderful she is but ...............that is far from being priority :)

• Like 1

I'm afraid I won't be able to help you Liz

The main issue is the tides on the Friday. Low Water at 05:15 and Slack Water 06:15.

Horning is something like 4 ½ odd hours from Yarmouth so it would not doable on the Friday so I then thought the only way I could see being able to do anything (and be confident with someone’s vintage boat) would be to do things in two stages: Thursday head down to Horning and take Water Rail down to Stracey Arms/Stokesby then Friday depart early to catch the tide at Yarmouth and on to Beccles arriving in the early afternoon perhaps shadowed by Broad Ambition.

However, having figured that out and being able to perhaps have a spare berth on BA once there, I have been scuppered because we have two people off in the week beginning 15th August so I have been told I’d not be able to have a day or two off as well as we would be too short staffed.

I'm sorry because not only is the actual event really good but it is always nice when one can help fellow Forum members.

I fully understand Robin, the tides are the biggest problem as like you I can't take any time off in the week prior to the event.  However, I have been offered help earlier in the week so I think my problems are over. If you ever feel you would like to create a blog of WR she would be most happy for you to look after her for a couple of days! You might find it quite an experience of basic cruising - just like the old days!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, w-album said:

I fully understand Robin, the tides are the biggest problem as like you I can't take any time off in the week prior to the event.  However, I have been offered help earlier in the week so I think my problems are over. If you ever feel you would like to create a blog of WR she would be most happy for you to look after her for a couple of days! You might find it quite an experience of basic cruising - just like the old days!

Ah.... the old days (sigh)... from a time before avatar thefts!

10 minutes ago, BroadScot said:

Was that.....before......or.....after you had wood worm JA ?:naughty:

cheersIain

You leave my little wriggly friends alone you wee scamp! Some days they are the only friends I have... and are currently enjoying some 5 star aperitif's ;)

• Like 1

Well I am very humbled Liz by your kind offer, Water Rail is an amazing looking boat, and a true floating history so it would make a great feature video.  I hope everyone has a good time in Beccles and the weather is kind come August compared to the current situation. 

• Like 1