SeaFishing

Guest Jonny

Hi Everyone

where we are on ower holiday 27th June 11th July we are looking to go sea fishing for a day me & pappa bear. So wanted to know if member have done any & who would be best to book & who is reliable.

we plan to cook ower catch mmmmmm :lol::lol::lol:

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice sliceice slice

A bit further up than I have been Jonny so can't give you any personal recommendation but you could have a look at these

Great Yarmouth

Bluedawn , Richard Green

01493 601008 , 07770467199

Lowestoft

Freedom , Mick Kelly

01603 415251 - 07980 871731

Lowestoft

Blue Eagle 2

07860 646377

Lowestoft

Hvita , Andrew Wood

01502 518000 , 07903 967941

http://www.ukcharterboats.co.uk/acatalog/Lowestoft.html

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/temple3000/page1.htm

Theres a boat goes out regularly from the dock behind the Britainia monument in Gt. Yarmouth Jonny, times depend on tides and he posts up the next trip times on a chalk board along the roadside :)

Im not sure of his prices, but the boat our friend runs out of Bridlington for a rule of thumb is between £40-£70 per person per day, depending on the size of the fishing party and the distance they want to go out to fish, coastal waters or Wreck fishing ect and if they need to use the boats rods bait and gear or their own.

Last time i fished with my grandson, we caught loads of mackrel sometimes pulling three and four out at a time, but not much else apart from a couple of small cod too small to keep, so if you dont like mackrel, it might be fish and chips from the chippy for tea lol :lol::naughty:

Julz :wave

thanks very much Perry Juls & David

its a shame some of them dont have websites :(

Im not sure of his prices, but the boat our friend runs out of Bridlington for a rule of thumb is between £40-£70 per person per day, depending on the size of the fishing party and the distance they want to go out to fish, coastal waters or Wreck fishing ect and if they need to use the boats rods bait and gear

we would probably use theres saves lugging around ower gear & bait plus dont want to go realy far out just a good days fishing a variety of edible fish.

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice sliceice sliceice slice

Good luck Jonny, sadly the fish dont pop up to order lol, and you will probably catch a few that you just have to chuck back because there not good for eating for various reasons :naughty:

My first fish i ever caught was a Cuckoo Wrasse, very pretty to look at, but one that even the cat would probably turn his nose up at if cooked due to loads of tiny sharp bones :lol:

There are also things like Blennies, which are only good for crab bait, and so i have been told would give you a bad tum ache if you tried to eat them :lol:

Then sometimes you dont catch anything other than a couple of tiny crabs! :lol::lol::lol:

Im sure you will catch something Jonny, but it might not be what you had hoped for in cod Plaice or Haddock, also the coastal waters are a bit warm at this time of year for Cod, who prefare the colder climates of winter and tend to stay north in the summer months :dance

• 11 months later...

hi again people

need some assistance once again

as we dint get to go sea fishing last year were trying are best this year ive rang up a most going from lowestoft & yarmouth but either to expensive but there is one going from lowestoft but only tope fishing which we dont want to do which was at brancaster.

is there any round cromer anywhere like that?

if not we might have to get the local rag or have a look on the day

Jonny

I grew up in Cromer Jonny, Only 2 times i ever went sea fishing i had to come to Yarmouth to do it. Hope that helps.

Hi Andy

you dont have any contact numbers handy would you??

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Its not cheap Jonny, no matter where you go, they obviously have to cover their costs of running the boat, and having the correct licences and safety certs, even before they consider paying themselves a wage.

Expect to pay around £20pp for a 2 hr inshore trip on a shared boat with around 8 other anglers, basic kit and bait provided, although by the time you have got out of the harbour and to the fishing ground mark, you will only have about an hours actual fishing, so probably wont catch much. Better value with most skippers are the 4 and 6 hr trips where they move around to several different marks depending on their fish finders and whats being hooked, Example, 6hrs out of Bridlington was on offer for £45 a few weeks ago when we visited, mainly bottom fishing in the bay, with a min of 4 anglers onboard before he would put to sea. You had to advance book and ring and check the sea states with the skipper the night before. Some pick up points do involve climbing a boarding ladder down the harbour wall, and may not be suitable for the less mobile :) Some skippers will do wreck fishing trips, but these tend to be more expensive due to the extra kit required and the risk of more snaggings of gear.

Hi Andy

you dont have any contact numbers handy would you??

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Sorry.

Last time i went sea fishing in this country i was 17. :oops:

There is a couple of places in yarmouth i can try Monday tho as i need to pop into town. Sorry i cant sooner but away to the boat.

Lol Jonny, its not like being in the chippy and being able to order the species your fancy for supper! :lol::lol::lol:

Whatever is hungry enough to take a nibble at your bait will pop up, my very first sea fish i caught off a boat was a Wrasse, a beauty for any nature lover, but when it came to being edible, I was told that even the cat would probably turn its nose up!

The most likely and prolific catch is often Mackrell, not normally many of the Cod family around during the summer months due to the waters being slightly warmer, and of course any 'undersize' fish have to be thrown back under the EEC rules, but you just have to wait and see what pops up, if anything, it really is the luck of the draw :dance

Johnny

One of our new members take small party's out fishing from Great Yarmouth,he can only take a maximum of four,give hime a pm he might be able to help out,

You might even get me as deckhand

Name of Member Twobagsbrooks

Lol Jonny, its not like being in the chippy and being able to order the species your fancy for supper! :lol: :lol::lol:

come on Julz

if i end up going sea fishing i dont want to catch these big game fish like tope god fish ect i want something i can stick in the pan

Johnny

One of our new members take small party's out fishing from Great Yarmouth,he can only take a maximum of four,give hime a pm he might be able to help out,

You might even get me as deckhand

Name of Member Twobagsbrooks

does it have extra bilge pumps i might sink it :(:(:roll:

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Did you try ringing any of those I listed Jonny.

I understand many did not have websites but most of the skippers will be out catching stuff rather than designing websites :naughty:

yes i did one from lowestoft wanted £250 per person

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Not sure where you are looking Jonny

One of the links I put linked to the boats home pages as an example

http://www.woodmarine.co.uk/#/dates-prices/4536371980

Full day ground fishing trip £65 per head including rod/tackle hire and bait.

Full day ground fishing trip £50 per head

Half day ground fishing trip £35 per head

*including rod/tackle hire but excluding bait

HI Perry

i would like to that everyone who replied & help us sort this trip out.. cheersbar

we are booked on Hvita on 25ft of June out of RNSYC in the day time if you look on the left hand side you will just make out a blue speck thats her lol

http://www.woodmarine.co.uk/#/hvita/4536541002

were also wanting to get Katie out for a few hours were looking at trying to get another four hour trip some where. she had to say no as she some times suffers bad motion sickness so maybe only being out for a short time will be ok..

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Even if you don't think you get sea sick, Jonny, I would recommend taking some travel sickness pills alnd wearing some sea bands. The rolling motion of a boat at anchor whilst fishing will test even the strongest stomach....!

Even if you don't think you get sea sick, Jonny, I would recommend taking some travel sickness pills alnd wearing some sea bands. The rolling motion of a boat at anchor whilst fishing will test even the strongest stomach....!

And drift fishing is even worse. :o

nope i will nope be taking any contraband if i am sick i am sick nothing we can do i love being afloat so i should be ok :grin:

Jonny ice sliceice slice