SeaFishing

Guest Jonny

Enjoy the fishing Johnny,hope you catch plenty of fish for your tea.

well were booked on for the 25th of June the boat can take up to ten so if any forum members want to tag along then feel free :grin:

just give the company a ring.

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Well done in finding a good deal on your sea trip Jonny cheers:grin::dance

but please, to save spoiling your day,and possibly the next one as well, pop into your local branch of 'Boots' and pick up a pack of their own brand travel sickness pills, not expensive, and enough in the pack to treat the whole family for the sea trips. Its not just like you chuck up once ot twice with it and thats it, sea sickness can make you feel quite ill for several hours even after you have landed, headaches, dizzyness, feeling totally unwell, for the sake of taking a couple of tiny melt-in-the-mouth type minty pills it simply is not worth the risk :norty:

I hope you enjoy your trip and catch plenty of big ones! :)

Julz :wave

nope i will nope be taking any contraband if i am sick i am sick nothing we can do i love being afloat so i should be ok :grin:

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Doesn't quite work like that Jonny! A friend of mine who used to take a gang of us on annual sea fishing trips was struck with sickness (Never before) And I have never seen a man actually go green before that day :? Totally ruined his day as he did not venture out of the cabin all day. And he was an old hand compared to the rest of us :lol: It was rather 'choppy' though :lol:

Johnny they are all trying to wind you up!

I was given a top class tip from an old salty sea dog,before you go out to sea,eat 3 spoonfuls of strawberry jam,do it work I hear you say,don't know but if you are sick,it will taste a lot better!!

We drift fished for half an hour on the trip back from Southwold to Lowestoft in a slight swell of only about 0.5m. That half an hour was enough for Sharon and Harry to both start feeling a bit sick. As you say Rod, it can't be underestimated and will ruin your day no matter how much you love boats.

does anybody know where we can get some hand caught scallops its one of the meny things i have wanted to try for some time now but neva had the chance so i am going to bite the bullet

crabs lobster langoustines razor clams loads which people may have tried before

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Hi julz I would prefer not not to get them from a super store. As I would prefer to know where they come from how they were caught & how fresh they are

You better get your wet suit on and go diving for them then Jonny! :lol::lol::lol:

Rick Stein was once quoted in a national newspaper as saying that the freshest fish you can buy inland is the kind that was caught and frozen at sea! :o

Whilst i agree that some superstore fish looks like its been dead for a week lol, i have never had any probs with our local Sainsburys fish counter. Given the chance though, whenever we go up to Bempton, we always return home with a cool box full of fish and a couple of nice big crabs which were caught on the morning of our departure, still bright eyed and slimey skinned, with nice pink gills, and not looking like a certain superstore begining with A's offerings of fish that look like they are processing their own leather! :naughty:

Julz :wave