When are yours coming down?

JennyMorgan

Ours came down New Year's day ,   I think once Christmas is over they just don't look right somehow.   As said previously a darn sight quicker to put away than to put up that took us about 3 days.    To me Christmas is all about the anticipation than anything else.

Sunday the 3rd - down and boxed (apart from the outside lights as i didn't fancy getting soaked - they are turned off though).

Would have been Saturday, but had stuff to do.

It's also easier getting the tree out (chopped up and in a bin bag to take out to the brown bin). Here's a tip for you though for next year - if you buy a real tree (even if it's wrapped in that mesh stuff) put it in an old quilt cover before you put it in the car and bring it in the house - keeps the pesky green bits in one place at least.

Got to get the Easter decorations out now:bow

Being unwell this Christmas  we only had a tree all be it a very nice real one it came down Sunday.Years ago we went to Canada  in early January.The rep said they tend to keep there decorations up longer (we were there about the eighth  for 10 days).Sure enough when we went to the falls the edges believe  it or not were iced.Now that's what I call winter.

Ian

I switched off all of our timers on Sunday night. Tan took down all of the inside decorations, I might be able to take them down outside at the weekend weather permitting and then into the loft. 

The time between getting the decorations into and back out of the loft seems to get shorter each year:naughty:

It looks very bare in the house now. Back at work yesterday was a trial, with emails to delete and contacting any inquiries that came in over Christmas period. 

Regards

Alan

9 minutes ago, BroadScot said:

Excellent, well done all packer upperers. Now its an 80 day count down to Easter Sunday, and lots and lots of loverly chocolate! I can hear JA drooling from here!:naughty:

cheersIain

I've had to try and curtail my drooling Iain. Seems flooded workshops are not acceptable and the thought of a cadburys cream egg is enough to float me!

But I do have my nice new NBN calender hanging over the bench. Its a real treat to see places I love pictured so well. 

• Like 1

Plenty more celebrations before then Iain - Working for a global company and having a team across the world I am happy to celebrate ALL national holidays - obviously just to prove my internationalness!! My boss hasn't signed up to this yet though.

The 18th Jan is Martin Luther King Day and the 21st is Errol Barrow day in Barbados!! Yes a random one that, but my brother lives there and it's a national holiday for them. It's also the only way he remembers my birthday!!!!cheers

pm me if you would my bank details to transfer birthday funds - dont worry you wont be able to get anything out of it:party:

So, lets go off topic - anyone else know of a really random and unusual public holiday we should celebrate as international boaters?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baitrunner said:

Plenty more celebrations before then Iain - Working for a global company and having a team across the world I am happy to celebrate ALL national holidays - obviously just to prove my internationalness!! My boss hasn't signed up to this yet though.

The 18th Jan is Martin Luther King Day and the 21st is Errol Barrow day in Barbados!! Yes a random one that, but my brother lives there and it's a national holiday for them. It's also the only way he remembers my birthday!!!!cheers

pm me if you would my bank details to transfer birthday funds - dont worry you wont be able to get anything out of it:party:

So, lets go off topic - anyone else know of a really random and unusual public holiday we should celebrate as international boaters?

YES!!! Mine! 17th January followed by Our National Bard, Robert Burns on the 25th of this month, another excuse to partake of the falling down water!:naughty:  Chinese New Year,  the year of the monkey early February, that should keep your bank balance in decline Mark.:naughty:

cheersIain

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dajen said:

Iain my ex is Russian when my Son was younger it was great fun to have 2 Christmas's and even better fun (for the adults) to have 2 New Years.

Dave

Twa Hogmanays, now yer talking. Now where can I get  a Russian passport?:naughty: Oh anno where.....Moscow! It's barely 20 minutes from me:party:

cheersIain

• Like 1

"So, let's go off topic"......Mark :norty:, anyway, how about a day for celebrating our wonderful Broads, we could have Boats of all shapes, ages and sizes, hire and private even the sailie thingies :naughty: take to the water, have BBq's and fetes on the banks, the Boats dressed in flags and allsorts of bunting, now wouldn't that be fun? A bit like our Forum Meets but on a bigger scale

The downside being, of course, no mooring spots, people moaning about engines at ungodly hours, the fisher people not moving for boats coming into moor, boats hitting bridges, lord help us at Ludham, absolute chaos everywhere, hang on, that's just a normal August on the Broads isn't it? lol

Roll on Summer :Stinky:Sailing

Grace

• Like 5

"I was sure Grace would ask about Moscow"

I do believe Moscow is....... a major political, economic, cultural and scientific centre of Russia and Eastern Europe, is the capital and the largest city of Russia.

12.2 million residents within the city limits and 16.8 million within the urban area.

Really no need to ask about Moscow :party:

Grace

• Like 1