• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

BroadAmbition

Historically Broads - Griffin Family

57 minutes ago, chameleon said:

bus pass next year then

Only if they let him drive the bus :default_biggrin:

finny

12 hours ago, chameleon said:

bus pass next year then

Maybe in an other 5 years if he is lucky, I had to wait until I was 62 in south Yorkshire and it getting longer to wait each year.

Regards

Alan

another 6 years for me in Kent, they have just put the age up from 60 to 65. by the time I get there it may well go up again.

3 hours ago, grendel said:

another 6 years for me in Kent, they have just put the age up from 60 to 65. by the time I get there it may well go up again.

Don't knock  it! personally speaking  I'd love to be too young to qualify for a bus pass.

Carole

• Like 2

Looking back at the Wedding Album. I notice they were married at Netherhall Road Methodists Chapel

That brings back many memories of Boys Brigade, in that very chapel on Wednesday nights, during the 60's

Griffin where do you get all these memory stirrers of old Donny from. Please don't stop.

Also my SIL worked at Crompton Parkinson's 62/64 before they started a family.

• Like 1

On 29/01/2019 at 15:47, NorfolkNog said:

Using a projector and photographing the screen works surprisingly well. The camera attachment looks good too. 

I also use one of these, a Nikon Coolscan. It's an old model which can be picked up cheaply but gives very good results. 

You do need some sort of magnification otherwise the pictures will be very grainy. The ones to avoid IMHO are the small box type scanners which scan the slide direct.  

DSC_1513.JPG

You've just had me look my model up and found one on Ebay £49 (add a zero to that in the late 90's to what I paid) SCSI connection. I've a base station and laptop still on win 98 just to use this scanner.

I've looked round for a modern unit/scanner as my boss wants one but it's a minefield choosing one these days. We want speed but scanning photo's isn't a rush job.

Griff didn't pick a scanner up last year? any reviews?

Yep I did, one to convert slides - I'll have to dig it out and report back

Griff