• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

You can Sign up or log in with your Facebook account and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• calender payment

Calendar Paymene

Delivery Options
    Your NBN Forum Username:

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

BroadAmbition

Game Shooting - Documentory

It sounds like it was a really good day. Actually your costs that you mentioned are very reasonable for a good Partridge day. The more so as Partridge shooting is being snapped up due to there being no driven Grouse this season as a consequence of the " Beast from the East " and the dry summer bringing a plague of "Ticks". The loss of a Grouse Season must be devastating some moorland economies.

• Like 1

We did our first duck flight this week with the land owner and a couple of his very good friends, one a lord. We had rebuilt the hides earlier in the summer and been feeding rolled oats for a few weeks. A furious twenty minutes of shooting as the Teal flicked in, but a small bag as having money doesn't mean you can shoot....... Still plenty for next time.

Plenty of bellows from the local stags so the rut must have started, time for some stalking me thinks!

• Like 3

but a small bag as having money doesn't mean you can shoot..

Agreed, but having money does give one the opportunity to spend more time practising

Having very little disposable brass doesn't mean you can shoot either!

Griff

• Like 1

naa you dont need to Griff we had a Labrador who used to go in the hedges and bring live Pheasants out to us without a shot being fired lol

• Haha 1

I had a Retriever called Benson, he would "Peg" a bird as soon as look if you were not on his case and he sensed you were not looking. Unusual for the breed he liked a scrap as well. My late wife, Judith used to say she thought he had a bit of Collie in him. In fact she used to say " where's that Golden Collie of yours". He was a shoot dog with no papers so she could have been right. (His paws were a tad dainty as well).

Another good day out in the field. 2 brace of pheasant annoying MrsG on her hanging basket frames

Griff

B6F64BAE-42A3-40C0-B378-AD5FA1CE3FAF.jpeg

• Like 3

Our first driven shoot day tomorrow, bet we don't get the weather Griff had.

A memorable day for me yesterday as well.

For a number of reasons I decided to cancel my order for the camo version of the new Winchester SX4 that I placed at the Game Fair and run with a standard composite. It was delivered to my chosen RFD yesterday.

Can't wait for the 17th. Doing the Canadas before changing guns for the normal driven day. It has a 3.5 inch chamber so a lot of bang for your buck.

20181109_080630.thumb.jpg.0f65e554ae4504d20afa3b5cbcafb329.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wildfuzz said:

Our first driven shoot day tomorrow, bet we don't get the weather Griff had.

Think it will be bad overnight, but day looks set fair. Have a great day.

A memorable day for me yesterday as well.
For a number of reasons I decided to cancel my order for the camo version of the new Winchester SX4 that I placed at the Game Fair and run with a standard composite. It was delivered to my chosen RFD yesterday.
Can't wait for the 17th. Doing the Canadas before changing guns for the normal driven day. It has a 3.5 inch chamber so a lot of bang for your buck.

20181109_080630.thumb.jpg.0f65e554ae4504d20afa3b5cbcafb329.jpg

I have a beretta 3.5 inch for geese you also spend a lot of bucks per bang with 3.5 inch shells.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 1

Here I am at Wroot shooting ground. At precisely 1100 our guns will of course fall silent 

Griff

DCE8613B-A152-46D0-B306-881E45447D2E.jpeg

• Like 3

We actually blew the stop shooting whistle at 1045 through to 1115.  Had the two minutes silence.  Quite emotional

Griff

• Like 2