• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

Game Shooting - Documentory

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know it's awkward for people not knowing what to say and I don't mean to intrude on your grief ChrisB, I would just like to say how very sorry I am for your loss, I cannot begin to imagine what you

What a day, what a day!  It started off Foggy at home, 57 miles later and we are at Raisthorpe Manor, near to Thixendale and Malton. We were greeted with tea / coffee then bacon rolls in the rece

PULL  

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Good - That's sommat to look forward to then.

We have booked in at 'Raisthorpe Flyer' for a days simulated driven game clay shooting mid June.  Our usual group of guns attending.  I've been only once before a couple years ago now as it's an expensive day out (For the likes of me) at around £380:00, but seeing as I've spent very little on game / clay shooting since March 2020 I reckon I can treat mysen.  We get given breakfast, lunch and dinner, more clays in the air at any one time than one could possible shoot and all cartridges provided.  Bring it on

Griff

Result !

That mate of mine came good and did indeed order a stack of cartridges prior to the price hike. 

As a result today I will collect 2000 12g Olympic Blues 24g FW for just £400.  That's a bargain and will last me a fair while.  I might even get to drive MrsG's new car as it needs the ZX1 treatment :default_beerchug:

Griff

• 2 weeks later...

Things are on the up!

Our local clay shooting ground is opening tomorrow - At last.  They normally open every second Sunday as the planning they have been granted allows them to open for around 27 Sundays per year.  We have missed many Sundays so they intend to open for every Sunday until they have caught up.  Plus our once monthly shoot at a farm outside Bawtry recommences this coming Wednesday evening too.

Onwards and upward then, and about time too.  It'll be interesting to see how we get on having not been shooting for ages

Griff

That was just so enjoyable, to be outdoors with mates not seen for ages.  The Wx was perfect too.  I expended around 130 x 12g cartridges.  Now for Wednesday evening followed on by Next Sunday.

Lets hope this is a sign of the start of life getting back to normal

Griff

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

I expended around 130 x 12g cartridges. 

Ah, but did you hit owt?  :default_hiding:

My best scores were always just after a long lay off, then next time, full of confidence, couldn't hit a barn door stood next to it! :facepalm:

But nice to hear the bangs again and have a dirty gun to clean! :default_trophy:

• Like 1

Did ok on DTL - 22,  S k e e t   not so good - 21, Sporting - terrible,  Ball Trap - rubbish, Double rise - 21.

Room for improvement on Wednesday, a 50 bird (Clay) sporting event

Griff

• Like 1