Game Shooting - Documentory

It's potentially still on!   :default_2gunsfiring_v1::default_2gunsfiring_v1:

Trevor ready.  Guns - ready,  300 x 21gram fibre 7's - ready,  clothing - ready,  ear defenders - ready,  eye protection - ready,  wallet - ready,  Recoil shoulder - ready,  Best sense of humour / wit - ready

Bring it on!

Griff

DSC00359.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This ere 'Being a Grandad' lark is great fun, tis also starting to cost somewhat too.

I've been after a :410 over/under auto eject for a while now. 

One recently became available from a mate.  I've bought it.  it's a Lincoln with lots of engraving and is in mint condition.  That has lead onto ordering a pair of snap caps, a soft recoil stock pad, and another gun slip.  Then I have to size and cut down the stock to fit largest grandson (We now have five of them, inherited the fifth one only a couple of weeks ago, he's seven - but that's another story)  and get the recoil pad fitted.  Buy some ear defenders that they can all manage with, safety glasses and a 1000 cartridges.  Then finally I can steadily introduce them to a proper outdoor sport - Clays to start with

Griff

• Like 4

16 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

inherited the fifth one only a couple of weeks ago, he's seven - but that's another story)

We inherited a 3 year old grandson 8 years ago, we refer to him as our ready made. It started out as grandad Mark and Nana Pauline, he happily dropped the names after a month. :default_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

Whilst just searching out a lapel brooch for another thread I came across this one that dates from the 1950's and was my father's badge.

It pre-dates BASC and W.A.G.B.I. When they were just known as The Wildfowlers Association.

20201206_102001.thumb.jpg.1030fe2a18bdf2513c42a659273e8847.jpg

6 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

The age old problem of abbreviations. My take on them are..

B.A.S.C.    The British Association for  Slaughter and Carnage.

W.A.G.B.I   Wildlife Against Gun Baring Individuals.

Don't forget

PETA  People Eating Tasty Animals

34 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Wildlife Against Gun Baring Individuals.

I thought baring was for those running around in the noddy.

My regiment in the Army used to be the RASC - Royal Army Service Corps.

Also known (by rival regiments) as Run Away, Someone's Coming.

10 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

I was proper rusty to say the least but still managed 21 on DTL.  The ground is open this coming Sunday too, I'm going to be looking at a Browning 12g that a mate is after selling.  Not sure of the model though but do know it's 30" barrels

Griff

Gosh Griff these are 18 inch, how big is yours?

5E6E9182-FB1C-442E-BA88-73427DA95659.jpeg

• Like 1

From the BASC:-

---------------------------------------------------

Wild Justice ‘would not have been successful’, Judge says

Shooting organisations have reacted positively to the publication of court papers that suggest Wild Justice’s Judicial Review on releasing gamebirds near designated sites would not have been successful if heard.

After dismissing Wild Justice’s subsequent attempt to claim £35,000 costs for the case it instigated, the Judge was critical of the group’s behaviour in the later stages of the legal process.
----------------------------------------------------

Griff

• Like 1

On 07/12/2020 at 00:36, BroadAmbition said:

Clay shooting yesterday forenoon, first time in over a month,  Really missed it

Griff

On 07/12/2020 at 08:11, MauriceMynah said:

Am I to understand that you only had one clay to shoot at throughout the whole of yesterday morning, you shot at it and missed?

...so there am I on Sunday, firkling in me shed, when there's this BANG from t'other side of Trent, a shower of shot from the direction of Wroot hits the back of me shed and a round spinny thing puts me winder art and all yer could 'ear after like was these pheasants sniggerin 'int 'edge back! :default_smiley-taunt014::default_norty:

I was always fond of John Cleese and his reference in his 1988 BAFTA to the RSPB 'the Royal Society for the Prevention of Birds'!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well that was disappointing as the new gun did not shoot as well as my present one, I was down on my average on all disciplines, hugely so on the Olympic ball trap and double rise,  so I won't be investing in it which will save a princely sum

On the upside over the Christmas break I will be taking the full arsenal of my present shotguns down to my mates farm,  ranging and patterning the lot.

Then I have to decide if they need further work on the stocks and the like.  Time will tell. funds will dictate

Griff