• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

You can Sign up or log in with your Facebook account and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

Sign in to follow this  
BroadAmbition

Enamel Pin Badges

Not so much for sale but would be interested in doing a few swaps, I've got some others somewhere kicking about too, I'll have to find em

Griff

BA NBN 169.JPG

I havnt got any to swap but I wouldn't mind buying a few for my cap collection.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Going off subject a bit. Can anyone recognise this badge that was in a tin of old buttons.

It is silver with dark blue background and has the cross with two Sweeps through it. I have a feeling it could be a rowing club or Watermans association. Never been able to find anything.

sorry about photo quality.20180419_042253.thumb.jpg.2c685846277cdd429b6fcce9369a2578.jpg

I'll swap you the Hearts Cruisers pennant for a Hearts Cruisers teapot, for Broad Ambition.

It's a deal.  Just gotta find the blooming things, snag there is I have put em all in a 'Safe Place' and we all know how difficult it is to find 'Safe Places' especially with my grey cells

Griff

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I remember as a kid used to get collections from the American civil war. We as kids used to swap.So some things don't change kids just get bigger.

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 04:29, ChrisB said:

Going off subject a bit. Can anyone recognise this badge that was in a tin of old buttons.

It is silver with dark blue background and has the cross with two Sweeps through it. I have a feeling it could be a rowing club or Watermans association. Never been able to find anything.

sorry about photo quality.20180419_042253.thumb.jpg.2c685846277cdd429b6fcce9369a2578.jpg

Oars or paddles? Canoe club perhaps?

• Like 1

I reckon it's more like 'No Canoes'!

Who was it who recently said to me "No canoes is good canoes"?

• Like 1

Could it be a Scottish university rowing club ? St. Andrews?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FairTmiddlin said:

This one

scc.png

I recon you have done it FTM. Many Many thanks. Though how it came to be in the family button box that goes back to Victorian times wiil, I fear, forever remain a mystery. Brill detective work by all concerned. Many many thanks.

Been digging around this is their history

The Scottish Canoe Association (Comann Curach na h-Alba in Scots Gaelic) is the governing body for canoeing and kayaking in Scotland.

It covers all branches of the sport from recreational activities to whitewater racing, slalom racing and wildwater racing; flatwater sprint racing and marathon racing; canoe sailing; canoe polo; surf kayaking and canoeing; and extreme racing (including the international event on the Glen Nevis in Lochaber).

It was founded in 1939 by four canoe clubs, the Canoe Section of the Camping Club, Clyde Canoe Club, Forth Canoe Club (1934) and Scottish Youth hostels Canoe Club. The body now has approximately 3,000 individual members, and 90 affiliated clubs and associate organisations.

• Like 2

swap a bees boats for my broken Moores?

I can't buy them these days as people have gone a bit  stupid but always happy for swaps, problem is everyone has the same ones!

I also like builders plaques obviously some are worth more than others 

thumbnail_IMG_1496.jpg

• Like 3

Oars or paddles? Canoe club perhaps?
You can do a photo search on Google

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Thanks 1