Enamel Pin Badges

• 10 months later...

Whilst browsing, I came across this thread and was most interested to read of the variety of badges. 

I don't suppose any one reading this knows where I might be able to obtain a Ripplecraft badge?  This photo was taken of the badge worn by a family member of a funeral I conducted. (Will tell the full story on another thread)

IMG_4261.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Back in the 60s when we returned to Richardsons at the end of our holiday there was a board with photos of a lot of their boats with hirers on board, that had been taken that week.

Didn't buy ours (Crusader 1) as we were all skint by the end of the holiday.

I presume the photographer took pics of boats from other boatyards as well.

I wonder if all those negs are still around in somebody's attic - what a piece of history they would be.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 21/02/2020 at 13:37, webntweb said:

I wonder if all those negs are still around in somebody's attic - what a piece of history they would be.

The two likely candidates are Yallops or Fishers, both companies were very active 'smudging' around holiday camps and boatyards. Back then, as a student, I worked for both companies, great fun and a real earner. Fishers still exist but cleared all their negatives back in the 1970's, including pictures of the Beatles when they came to Norwich. Yallops ceased trading early 1980's and their assets, including hundreds of old glass plates of Yarmouth & the Broads were dumped into a skip, tragic. In both cases I found out after the event, I was horrified! 

• Sad 1

I have only one NBYC badge left.

We had loads in the NBYC office in Wroxham for the hirers

They were made by W Reeves and Co, Birmingham, which according to an internet search no longer exist.

I remember the Windboat enamel penants, as my mother worked for Trevor James after we sold NBYC, and I think we had one, but that was years ago, and many moves.

25DD6AAA-715B-4DDC-A830-B54FB2194A64_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.4694ec1d359f7a7706de3f16f7997844.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...