• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

TheQ

The Northern Distributer Road AKA Norwich Northern Bypass

They've repainted the NDR roundabout white lines overnight (well Wroxham road and Coltishall road ones), Though I didn't see  any changes..

Here's an odd one,  coming into Hoveton from Stalham they've added a third speed limit sign that lights up if you're over the limit..

Pity it's a 30 MPH sign thats been fitted in the 40MPH area..

Mind you the 30MPH sign in the 30MPH zone lights up when I enter the 40MPH zone in the landrover..

46 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Pity it's a 30 MPH sign thats been fitted in the 40MPH area.

that probably means they will correct it by reducing the speed limit.

We had this installed in our vilage a few monthes ago.

I an often amazed at the stupidity of some people!

I think it has stopped working now!

20190604_135554.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, TheQ said:

Here's an odd one,  coming into Hoveton from Stalham they've added a third speed limit sign that lights up if you're over the limit..

Pity it's a 30 MPH sign thats been fitted in the 40MPH area.

They regularly fit these in coltishall and a while back they fitted it in the 40 zone and it lit up stating you are going over 30 slow down. The results are published in the monthly magazine and no surprise the number of cars over the limit had rocketed. When it was in the 30 limit over the bridge the fastest recorded speed was 76 😕

On 12/04/2016 at 09:53, JennyMorgan said:

Lotus!

Currently advertising for engine builders at just over £9 an hour.

Quality engines they will be :)

• Like 1

The NDR / Coltishall rd Roundabout is partially blocked...  you cant drive straight westwards,  you are diverted into Norwich to the next roundabout and back out again, there is a Parcel Farce lorry parked on  the round about, police in attendance...

Above is clear - was being lifted as I came up to it around 06:45

The Official report on the NDR is out..

There are design problems with the roundabouts causing a high level of crashes.... no kidding batman..

The council will learn from their mistakes... yeah... Till the next time..

• Like 1

and there was me thinking it was all the fault of the drivers that couldnt be bothered to pay attention to the roads and drove too fast.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, grendel said:

and there was me thinking it was all the fault of the drivers that couldnt be bothered to pay attention to the roads and drove too fast.

The single greatest fault I have seen again and again, twice in the last 24 hours, is drivers in the wrong lane failing to make any signal about their intentions. This produces the simplest and quickest way to have an accident, the driver in the outside lane NOT turning off, while the driver in the inside lane IS turning off. If neither signal the result is a near-miss at best.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the design - just incompetence.

• Like 1

I nearly had one last night, - not in Norfolk, but pulling on from a slip road onto the A127, and there was a gap in the headlights so i pulled over, narrowly missing the car that was happily driving in the dark with no headlights on, last seen still with no headlights on heading for the M25 northbound (thank goodness I was headed for southbound)

• Sad 2