The Northern Distributer Road AKA Norwich Northern Bypass

TheQ

On 19 January 2016 at 9:13 AM, Saily said:

Side-thought: Anybody else getting fed up with all new developments looking like each other (rather like in-town shopping malls - which town am I in? they all look the same) and despite most buyers of these new houses having one or two cars there is serious under-provision of anywhere to keep them resulting in most new estates being jam-packed slums of the future with vehicles abandoned across footpaths and poor access for emergency vehicles and prams/wheelchairs/mobility scooters, not to mention just plain ugly - not somewhere I'd want to live, thanks.  

Absolutely hate it. If we have to build why can we not built in keeping with the local area and with some individuality. I guess the problem is the average house comes off the back of a lorry these days, mass produced if you will, and the argument is, no doubt, that it will be more expensive to do otherwise. As for parking, I have never been able to understand that, except that  6 parking spaces = one house! But, yes, the roads (and pavements) on all new estates appear to immediately become car parks!

• 2 weeks later...

That's not a surprise it's one of the most overcomplicated junctions I've ever seen.

Meanwhile on the Coltishall Rd, the roundabout appears to be being formed mostly on the Airport side of the road. so it will be  slightly offset to the Coltishall road.

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 6:49 AM, TheQ said:

The future NDR from Coltishall road to Buxton / Spixworth road  is now well defined as a route has been bulldozed through the fields.

Seen it myself this week and anything that will make it easier to get from Horning to Spixworth is good in my book!

Any chance of crossing the palm of a NDR lorry driver, with silver, to drop a dollop of road jollop into some of the pot holes on the A47 southern bypass.

Not being greedy, but even a small contribution would help.

Nearly lurched into a field the otherday.................soon only large four wheel drive vehicles will be the only safe way to travel on this road.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wussername said:

Any chance of crossing the palm of a NDR lorry driver, with silver, to drop a dollop of road jollop into some of the pot holes on the A47 southern bypass.

Not being greedy, but even a small contribution would help.

Nearly lurched into a field the otherday.................soon only large four wheel drive vehicles will be the only safe way to travel on this road.

Oh no, this is the Northern Distributed Road it's being built to distribute potholes,

Additional nearby road works,

Or to be More precise Pathworks, they are rebuilding the path past the green to the Kings Head, there are Traffic lights on the road, but I went through at rush hour this morning there doesn't seem to be any real holdups.

18 hours ago, TheQ said:

Additional nearby road works,

Or to be More precise Pathworks, they are rebuilding the path past the green to the Kings Head, there are Traffic lights on the road, but I went through at rush hour this morning there doesn't seem to be any real holdups.

I should have put Coltishall in But I still haven't found out why it won't let me edit posts!!!

A new set of road works has appeared on the Coltishall road,  just outside Horstead, at the new quarry junction, as usual the works is not on the road but next to it. They have put in 3 way lights and closed that minor road opposite.

They are wasting money, again either side of the NDR road works. They have put up signs that say things like "nobody likes a tailgater".

On 12 April 2016 at 9:55 AM, JennyMorgan said:

A new car park in Rose lane? Trade for the famous Rose Lane 'ladies of the night' must be on the increase then!

I can see why some people prefer "park and ride" now.:shocked

About 10 years back, we visited Southern Ireland, and they had built hundreds if not thousands of new houses with new dual carriage ways, years on, many houses are still empty, some of those that bought have moved out, as the other houses start to become derilict and reports of an infestation of rats. ( Taken from my failing memory, having watched a TV report at the time). 

So if we come out of Europe, what happens to the immigration situation, will more come in, or less, will a lot be sent back from where they came? as we will no longer be part of Europe, there will be no obligation to provide jobs and housing for "EU member states" will we need less houses in 10 years time? Mind you, will UK people currently residing in France and Spain, and other EU member states, have to return to the UK? I don't know the implications of that one, can someone please enlighten.

The problem with Governments, they can never make a 10 year plan, as they may well not be in office by the time these plans return any benefits.

Another new set of Road works this time in Hoveton, Between the new roundabout and the end of Hoveton. Traffic lights and at times a significant hold up. this appears to be some sort of Utilities work.

The Coltishall  Rd NDR works appears to be developing, with various humps of soil showing the outline of the roads.

It all delibrat, u, c, weez like it as it iz. If weez make enuf of it no wonz will come. Gud, weez no wont grockles leev uz lone. Ands orf Norfolk. This is ome only fofr MBAs like me iz, buugger orf res yuz.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChrisB said:

It all delibrat, u, c, weez like it as it iz. If weez make enuf of it no wonz will come. Gud, weez no wont grockles leev uz lone. Ands orf Norfolk. This is ome only fofr MBAs like me iz, buugger orf res yuz.

Chris, moved to Waybridge then?!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Chris, moved to Waybridge then?!

Weybridge, Peter. On the river Wey. However you are very nearly correct but my river ran into the north bank of the Thames not the south. I lived 700 ft above the original source of the river Wye. But it only flows there now after exceptional rainfall, source is now quoted as West Wycombe.