CARACRUISER

SPEEDTRIPLE

Looks like it sits on a trailer, whereas the original caraboat, the wheels were integral into the boat and went with you.

The tow bar section, hinged up out of the way.

There was a feature done on it on water world, a few years back, the boat featured on that was moored opposite us when we were in Nantwich.

1 hour ago, Dajen said:

I bit thact played havoc with the trailer brakes, I bet you had to strip the lot down every time you used it.

Dave

I also asked him if it played havoc with the bearings, but he said no.

He launched it in spring, trailed it home in the autumn, clearly stripped each hub down, when he got home, but rarely needed bearings, brake parts etc.

I was impressed... Tyres seemed to take the immersion well too, a bit of slime but all OK.

The hitch folded to be above water, and the rear lights were well clear..

To me it was an ugly design and concept, but he and his family loved it. I guess it ticked all the boxes for him. I think the older vession would struggle crossing Hickling in a gale, but hey ho... he has a boat, he is afloat, and he owns it.

If those are some of the boxes to tick, then great.

• 4 years later...