Your dog must be....

Poppy

Rosie already is.  

As with everything though, those of us who love our dogs and try to be responsible owners will get them chipped.  :angel:

The toe-rags of this world will just ignore the new rules.

Policing it will be really difficult I feel.

SueH and Rosie

• Like 1

Dylan and Toby were both chipped at 8 weeks old. I would recommend those that have their dogs chipped check that the register the chip was recorded on is still in existence. Toby was the eldest lads dog and was registered initially at another vet, before he came to live with me and his littermate Dylan, and the register used is now defunct. A simple, but pricey..chip company charges not my vet, job to re register his chip with the service my vet uses.

DSC_0039.thumb.JPG.b8166f9284825cfe71e9f

A double attack of the Ginger Peril forced me out of bed at 6am that morning!

To chip your Dog is the Law since Years in Germany. You can register your chiped Dog - you don't have too, but if the loved Dog run away, you get it back very easy due to the chip. Also coming to the UK without a Chiped Dog isn't allowed.

Policing is done by the Vet, On every routine checkup they check if the Chip still works.

i hope my both Dogs will be happy too staying here in the Broads

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HakunaMatata said:

To chip your Dog is the Law since Years in Germany. You can register your chiped Dog - you don't have too, but if the loved Dog run away, you get it back very easy due to the chip. Also coming to the UK without a Chiped Dog isn't allowed.

Policing is done by the Vet, On every routine checkup they check if the Chip still works.

i hope my both Dogs will be happy too staying here in the Broads

Frank, Hello

You also have to have your dog injected against tapeworm before arriving in England:

https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad/tapeworm-treatment-dogs

My last two dogs were chipped, from about 8 weeks to be exact, well my Lurcher was, but my Greyhound came already chipped when I collected him. Sadly, they're both gone now, the last one , the Lurcher, about 6 months ago, and do I miss them ?  bet your bottom dollar I do.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...