What a relaxing week

Oh donny what a lovely story cant wait for the next instalment but i know you and you will make us

all wait till tomorrow night keep it coming enjoying it :clap

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunday 21st june

I just thought of Clive hitting me if I bent his boat.

Don't be silly Geoff, I'd have just let your tyres down and then tied knots in the Petite Gem mooring ropes on your next visit so so couldn't damage her :lol:

Monday 22nd June

Again awake by 6:00am to a very nice warm morning. After the cuppa and watching the early morning activities we took Lady for a walk. And I settled down to a spot of fishing. What a nightmare, as soon as my float hit the water ducks, gees and swans arrived, it must have sounded like the breakfast bell to them. I persevered for a while but decided to give it up as a bad job when one swan decided to just go round in circles in front of me with its head under its wing, probably moaning at me because it was too early for it to be awake.

post-360-136713541103_thumb.jpg

post-360-13671354113_thumb.jpg

post-360-136713541411_thumb.jpg

We set off about 9:30 heading for Reedham.

Now the new cut is the most boring stretch you can go on, straight, straight, straight. A quick wave to Rod as he passed and we were nearly at the end.

Arriving at Reedham we moored outside the Ship and took a stroll along the quay. It was very warm so we had a drink sat outside the Lord Nelson and watch a pidgeon working on it’s nest with it’s mate.

Back to the boat and it would have been rude to use the Ship’s moorings and not have a drink (that is my excuse and I am sticking to it) so we had one watching the boats go by.

Onwards up the Yare past Cantley.

post-360-136713541423_thumb.jpg

The lads asked if we could go for a game of pool so we decided to moor at the Beachamp arms. They played pool and we sat outside in the sun. So far we have not sat inside a pub at all as the weather has been good.

post-360-136713541435_thumb.jpg

to be continued....

Mon June 22nd cont....

We left the Beachamp and tootled towards Rockland, I love crossing this small broad, so peacefull.

The basin was very quiet only two other boats there when we arrived so I stern moored right next to the slipway.

I decided that I needed to go to the New Inn and book a table and of course while I was booking the table for the night it would have been rude not to partake in a pint.

With table booked, back to the boat for an hours fishing before dinner.

Remind me never to fish with my son again, I didn't even have a bite and he caught this perch.

post-360-136713541461_thumb.jpg

I decided to put my rod away and get ready for dinner.

AND WHAT A MEAL

We had

Mixed grill

steak pie

toad in the hole

gammon

with 2 pints, 1/2 pint and a coke

just over £50

The food was excellent, the mixed grill especially, what a portion.

Marks for this 10/10 (if I could give 20/10 I would)

With full stomachs it was back to the boat and an early night, it must be the early mornings.

These were the culprits at Oulton spoiling my maggot drowning session.

[attachment=0]the christmas photo.jpg[/attachment]

Quick quiz question, why does this photo remind me of Christmas.

:Stinky

Its cos theres a Ocean 30 sat there and it would look good in thee stocking at Christmas

Andy

Guest stevie varnish

Come on Geoff.

Why are we waiting....why are we waiting, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.,

In your owntime........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

More please mate.

Stevie.

:clap:bow

Yes steve i agree with you why are we waiting what is keeping you donny

we cant wait much longer for our next read zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :clap

Give me chance.

Tuesday 23rd June

Again woke nice and early around 6:30, took Lady for a walk towards Rockland broad, what a beautiful morning. The lads went for a walk to the shop with Lady when I got back, it is about a mile away, so I decided to drop a line over the side, caught a few roach and was happy.

post-360-136713541753_thumb.jpg

post-360-136713541773_thumb.jpg

When they got back, we set off to Reedham, to meet up with Mum, Nan and Emily for dinner at the Ferry.

I was looking forward to seeing them, but even more so looking forward to leaving Tim and Ryan with them.

The sun wash shining in a clear blue sky, the roof was back and a pleasant trip.

We moored outside the ferry at about 11:30 and waited for them to arrive.

They arrived at about 12:15, so drinks all round and food ordered.

post-360-136713542029_thumb.jpg

post-360-136713542041_thumb.jpg

post-360-136713542056_thumb.jpg

Again a very nice meal, sat outside watching the ferry operate and the boats go by.

meal marks 8/10

It was so hot, that the little bit of wind was appreciated, just look at the colour of the sky in the pics.

Well the time had come to say good bye, just me and OH on the boat and the rest of them going back to the WRC.

Tuesday 23rd June continued…..

With just me and OH on the boat we unmoored and went up stream past the ferry turned round and watched the rest get onto the ferry, we gave them a wave as we went by them and off up north we set.

As we were not overnighting at the Berney Arms, I decided that it is too good a pub to miss so I thought a quick pit stop would be a good idea.

This then got me thinking, mooring so far had been no problem, two lads one 14 one 18. One at the front rope, one at the back. With just me and the OH, who has been a little apprehensive about mooring ever since she fell in at Horning, things could be interesting in the fast flowing river at Berney.

I told her to take the helm, and brought the stern ropes along the sides of the boat to the front.

When we came to moor I turned against the outgoing tide, took the boat in and she got off wrapped the front rope around a post, I walked through the front door picked up the end of the stern rope and secured it.

Job done.

Avery nice pint sat INSIDE (for the first time) as it was just TOO HOT outside.

Tuesday June 23rd continued (again)

After the quick two at Berney Arms we set off across Breydon, now with the outgoing tide the crossing didn’t take long at all, the tide was running quite fast, as we went to turn at the dolphin, the speed of the tide really showed. As I approached and started to turn left I needed virtually full power to make headway against the outgoing tide, as I reach the first bridge with no oncoming traffic I tried an experiment. Keep the boat still under the bridge making no headway, using the bridge as a stationary landmark, 1200 revs and the boat was not going forward, so the tide was somewhere between 4 and 5 mph (according to the info on the speed/revs.

Throttle up and make slow progress past the yacht station and marina keys. Onto our destination of Acle.

We moored under the bridge on the opposite side to the pub at around 6:30 still in brilliant sunshine.

A quick walk over the bridge and again sitting outside had a few beverages, including a very nice cold Aspalls cider. As we had eaten at dinner time we did not try the food, but what I saw looked very good.

Back to the boat at about 9pm, and drop a line over the side, caught 3 eels and decided to make it an early night so at 10pm we were tucked up in bed. These early mornings are doing me in.

post-360-136713542355_thumb.jpg

Wednesday 24th June,

Again another early morning, woke to brilliant sunshine and took Lady for a walk along the bank.

Off we tootled to our next destination, Ludham.

Now we had to make a choice, go to Ludham down Womack water and moor on the staith to visit the Kings Arms, or go and moor at the bridge and visit the Dog. Hving never been to the Dog, we decided to do that.

We moored in a space just up from the bridge and emptied the boats rubish into the bins provided. I thought it a good time to fill with water but needed to wait for the boat behind to move off so I could get close enough to the hose. When the boat moved we repossitioned Rafael. I went to the hose, pulled it out only to find I was 4 feet too far away. Luckily the boat behind was just about to set off so again the boat was moved.

We took a walk to the Dog and again sat outside in brilliant sunshine while sampling a few very nice beers.

Back to the boat and a chug up to Horning.

we were going to try and moor at the New Inn, but when we got there it was full so we continued to the Swan, again full. The plan was to turn round and head back and moor at the opposite side to the Ferry, but as we turned around where the Southern Comfort moors luck was on our side as a 40 footer pulled away from right outside the Swan.

Our mooring technique must have been perfect, because with all of the tables outside full, and several people standing on the quay heading, everyone just looked on as i glided in, jumped off and secured the boat.

A quick walk with lady to the shops to stock up with a few beers and then down to the New Inn for a couple. We had planned to eat here, but as we were moored outside the Swans front door decided itwould only be fair to eat there so back we went.

Two nice meals again eaten outside in the warm evening air, the steak pie was very nice

Meal marks 8 1/2 out of 10

Back on the boat and dropped a line in again, caught a few small roach but nothing big, and no eels thankfully.

post-360-136713542378_thumb.jpg