• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

Sign in to follow this  
Hockham Admiral

May-June holidays onboard "Friday Girl"

The link below will put you through to our Snapfish album of our recent holiday on-board Friday Girl.

http://www3.snapfish.co.uk/thumbnailsha ... napfishuk/

We left Burgh Castle in mid-May and went via Oulton Broad, Shotley and Ramsgate to Holland. We then cruised the inland waterways of Zeeland before returning to the Broads via the Orwell and Ipswich.

From Ipswich we returned to Burgh Castle via Gt Yarmouth, picked up Jim, our dog, and set off again on the Southern Broads up the Waveney and then the Yare to Norwich before finally back to Burgh castle and home in late June.

Friday Girl is a Beneteau Antares 760 (25ft) with a single Volvo 3.6L turbo-diesel. We steamed for some 50 hours and covered 403 NM (about 460 miles).

To best see the pics select "play slideshow" and then click on the icon immediately right of the full-screen icon to bring up the captions.

cheers!

cheersbar

Lou, Hi

Yes, we did indeed enjoy ourselves. Holland is such a marvellous cruising ground and it averaged out at about £11 per night at the various clubs we visited. And that's on a floating pontoon with water and electricity thrown in! Also, invariably, a clubhouse with bar and cafe, plus showers, toilets and laundry facilities.

But it will be our last trip to Holland until, or if ever, the £ gets a lot better against the Euro than it is now! In a small bar or 'petite cafe' a glass of wine for Mary-Jane, a beer for me and a schnitzel/salad meal each wouldn't see much or any change from £50!!! So we ate a lot onboard! Wine was also plentiful and cheap at the supermarket; a litre of South African chardonney cost about £2.50... so we got through a fair bit of that!

Off to the Southern Broads meet now; so won't be back here until Monday.

cheers!

Thats the trouble with Europe at the moment and why the broads are having a bumper year :grin:

I have a work colleague who moors her boat in Holland and she raves about it, but this may be their last year :(

We will be coming to Beccles on Saturday (by car), hopefully will see you there. :wave

Lou

And this was the year I chose for my longest ever holiday in Europe! Fortunately Mr AIG paid for most of it!

Hi John & Mary Jane

nice to meet you,

Mary Jane, hope you are better soon.

It was a privilege to meet you John at the meet at Beccles, i can now see why you are known as... The Hockham Admiral :dance

i can now see why you are known as... The Hockham Admiral

Put us out of our misery then Brian :)

cheersbar

PKS, Hi

I'll reply for Brian. We live in a small West Norfolk village called Great Hockham and were the only people who owned a boat... hence the nickname!

cheers!

There doesn't seem to be a way of seeing the pics unless you register - or am I just being stoopid. :?:oops:

cheersbar

Not at all, Plesbit, but it doesn't cost anything and you can always cancel it later.

We use them for pics as they're cheaper and better than I can produce. Also they have an offer of 5p/pic at the moment if you pre-order. (No, I am in noway connected with them!!!)

cheers!

Hi John and Mary Jane,

Saw Your boat moored up at Oulton Broad Yacht Station when we were away for our extended holiday. Knew it was a forum boat but did not see anyone on board so missed the chance to introduce myself.

Next Time eh?

Rod