Does anyone know what it is???

Dan

Hi Everyone

Does anyone know what this rather "interesting" looking thing is that Le Boat are suggesting someone may wish to pay good money to holiday on???

I think it is confirmation, if any was needed, that whoever decided to close their Wroxham factory should be hunted down and shot ;)

http://www.leboatbrokerage.com/yacht-details/?yacht=sjqckxhc-87

Dan

• Like 1

It looks a safe design, especially when going forward, ideal for the French canals, you might even say suitable for the Caledonian canal, but I don't think you would see one on the Broads just yet lol.

If I was cruising the French canals, then one to consider I guess, it has that quirky look.

• Like 1

Definitely not made from lego, trust me when I say, my kids make much better looking Boats out of lego, but hey ho, it's a Boat it floats, get's my vote lol. I just wished that boat builders would make Boats that look like Boats and not a ruddy floating apartment :rolleyes:

Grace

• Like 3

Just glad I'm not the only one who likes it. Very retro, the hull line could almost be Johnsons Y.S. They can keep the 70s wallpaper strip though. Far too high for the Broads I would imagine so all its distracters should have nothing to fear but a Broads friendly version would be nice.

Fred

18 hours ago, Gracie said:

Definitely not made from lego, trust me when I say, my kids make much better looking Boats out of lego, but hey ho, it's a Boat it floats, get's my vote lol. I just wished that boat builders would make Boats that look like Boats and not a ruddy floating apartment :rolleyes:

Grace

Couldn't agree more Gracie. However they tend to build what hires - and sells.  'Taste' seems not to sell ( or hire) these days IMHO .

• Like 1

This is very similar to Delphia Yachts - http://www.norfolkboatsales.co.uk/new-boats/delphia-1150-voyage-416.asp 

416-1150-main-min.jpg.90620a38fd82398759

There are also other brands following this look with large wheelhouse screens and safe walkways around the boat - I don't think it is ugly, this is pretty 'cutting edge' design  not only for Le Boat but generally where manufacturers are beginning to offer more robust, slower full displacement offshore boats.

It makes the offerings on the Broads seem very much more 'traditional'.  The Le Boat producing this clearly will cost an absolute fortune to hire and  It won't appeal to everyone sure, but I like it a lot - especially for places where you are not constrained by low bridges and where there could be a fair amount of 'chop' such as up in Scotland on the Lochs this looks pretty stable.

• Like 1

Have you seen the boats for hire up there currently? While you can have some lovely boats, you can also hire the likes of:

605473.jpg.3a88e3bd301e3f84b065dec4c25d4

605505.jpg.40ba6172798cee79d264eff029a05

And looking at the water line of the new Horizon 16 -

56c2fa1523c7a_41598_Horizonprofil.JPG.58

It certainly does not look any worse that those which have been plying their trade up there for some time and of course, you will be advised not to cruise if things get too bad (not to mean you might find it picks up very quickly and you have no choice).

So I would not think it so much of a 'far out' idea to see this model being based there - the more I look at it the more I like it, but the engine on hydraulic drive is a bit of a shame!

The Caledonian canal especially Loch Ness can be rough at times and then can be flat as a mill pond. We were moored on a mooring buoy on the edge of the loch and everyone was the worse for wear other than me and the baby.

We must get back to the Caledonian again, but the costs involved means most people appreciate the low cost of Broads Hire.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1